Do you have any useless but not so useless information?

Originally posted by Tony Ruscoe

If you're cooking fish and get "fishy fingers", make sure you wash your hands in cold water - otherwise you can "cook" the fish onto your hands, making them smell for some time...

The same is also true for onions, the juice gets absorbed right in to your damn pores!

Here's some questions for you and I can't for the life of me find an answer to this one.......

My Dad is doing a quiz with his next door neighbour and I found out for him that 'R C Lamburn' is also known as Richmal Crompton who wrote the Just William stories, but I was unable to find out:

1. The official name for the 'study of clouds'

and

2. What it's called when a place is named after a person. eg. Washington was named after George Washington

Can anyone help pleeeeeeeeeeeease cos it's doing my head in and I can't find it anywhere. :(

NOON imn capitoals, is the only word that when turned upside down turnd around that still says noon.

only two words in th e english language that stay English in every other language

Coca cola (not suprising) and Taxi (huh?)

Baden Powell started Scouts

The sea is warmer in Winter than in Summer, you may not beleive it but its up to 5deg C warmer and thats why we get High Preassure weather during Winter because the air is rising from the sea and falling on the land because the land is cooler

Originally posted by Fletch

only two words in th e english language that stay English in every other language

Coca cola (not suprising) and Taxi (huh?)

The most widley understood word on the planet is "OK". The second is Coca Cola.

Originally posted by Pauly-Plumba

1. The official name for the 'study of clouds'

2. What it's called when a place is named after a person. eg. Washington was named after George Washington

1. Nephology and can be measured with a nephoscope

2. The study of it is onomastics, can help you no more

Reindeer urine is very narcotic because Reindeers eat magic mushrooms that are too strong for us humans to cope with. They absorb all the bad stuff and wee out pure LSD

....this is all according to stoner mate who watches Discovery Channel a bit too much! :loopy:

Also if you give seagulls alka-seltzer they explode!

saw it on BLue Peter, therefore must be true! :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Mosherchik

Also if you give seagulls alka-seltzer they explode!

saw it on BLue Peter, therefore must be true! :rolleyes:

On a related note, I heard that if you feed pigeons bicarbonate of soda they explode as they can't burp to release the gas in time... dunno if it's true though!

Archived