Should children be allowed to roam around the streets alone?

I had a family friend who was a lay precher at church, who turned was charged as being a paedophile other year.

I spent my childhood round him and he had been in my home. Hence y I am paranoid.

Wouldn't you be??

I know a scout leader who was a sex offender, it hasn't stopped my grandchildren attending beavers and cubs.

The valid point you miss is in the first line "a family friend" nothing else is important.

I had a family friend who was a lay precher at church, who turned was charged as being a paedophile other year.

I spent my childhood round him and he had been in my home. Hence y I am paranoid.

Wouldn't you be??

No... Why should you childhood experience of not being abused by a family friend mean that you don't let your children out of your sight. It's not like you weren't abused by a stranger, or not abducted by a stranger off the street... I don't understand your attempt to justify your paranoia at all.

No... Why should you childhood experience of not being abused by a family friend mean that you don't let your children out of your sight. It's not like you weren't abused by a stranger, or not abducted by a stranger off the street... I don't understand your attempt to justify your paranoia at all.

I was abused though he used to climb on all 4's over me and rub his genitals against me.

Which I was not willing to go in to detail about again, but to prove my point I now had to.

I also suffered post traumatic stress disorder as I was abused by my own parents mentally and physically.

Am I still paranoid ?

Your opinion I appreciate but after the years of things I been through, I will stick with my own opinion. Thanks though

Oh and just to prove my point I was also raped almost by a guy when I lived on southey hall road. He locked me in his house and took me to his bedroom lucky I was saved. I told a friend in confidence and before I told me mum

women over road from us found out off the person i trusted to tell and she told my mum and all hell broke lose that went to court nearly and the guy had my mum's car tyres slashed endless which then lead to my mum hitting me for it happening.

Still im paranoid though maybe I need sectioning. :>

I think the point being made is the abuse was not by a stranger in the street, therefore your paranoia over stranger danger is a little unfounded.

Abuse occurs all the time but more in the home by friends and family than on the street as your valued evidence clearly shows.

I was abused though he used to climb on all 4's over me and rub his genitals against me.

Which I was not willing to go in to detail about again, but to prove my point I now had to.

I also suffered post traumatic stress disorder as I was abused by my own parents mentally and physically.

Am I still paranoid ?

If anything your position makes less sense.

You weren't abused when out on the street or away from your parents.

I can understand why you would want to make sure your children are safe, but you won't achieve that by being over protective and imagining danger that doesn't exist. 9/10 cases of abuse happen at home, so playing down the street isn't likely to put them in a more dangerous situation.

Your opinion I appreciate but after the years of things I been through, I will stick with my own opinion. Thanks though

Oh and just to prove my point I was also raped almost by a guy when I lived on southey hall road. He locked me in his house and took me to his bedroom lucky I was saved. I told a friend in confidence and before I told me mum

women over road from us found out off the person i trusted to tell and she told my mum and all hell broke lose that went to court nearly and the guy had my mum's car tyres slashed endless which then lead to my mum hitting me for it happening.

Still im paranoid though maybe I need sectioning. :>

I'm not sure what point that proves except that you've be quite unfortunate in some life experiences.

I've just looked back over how this conversation developed and I don't understand why you even made this comment now.

The world is not what it used to be

You're saying that the world is more dangerous than when you were a child, but basing that on what? On your experience of being abused and having bad parents? How does that mean that the world today is more dangerous, and how is any of it relevant to children playing away from their gardens and parents...

If anything your position makes less sense.

You weren't abused when out on the street or away from your parents.

I can understand why you would want to make sure your children are safe, but you won't achieve that by being over protective and imagining danger that doesn't exist. 9/10 cases of abuse happen at home, so playing down the street isn't likely to put them in a more dangerous situation.

I'm not sure what point that proves except that you've be quite unfortunate in some life experiences.

I've just looked back over how this conversation developed and I don't understand why you even made this comment now.

You're saying that the world is more dangerous than when you were a child, but basing that on what? On your experience of being abused and having bad parents? How does that mean that the world today is more dangerous, and how is any of it relevant to children playing away from their gardens and parents...

I just sat and wrote a large message then thought......No

I am not even going there, I am not sending it because some things I just refuse to explain this is my life no one else's.

cos last few year I had some harsh life lessons.

This is your opinion I have my own which won't change no matter what any one says.

Although thanks for having your own opinio and sharing that with us all.

I learnt to do one thing in situations like these from now on.

and........................................................:P

Thanks night lol

What's the point of sharing an opinion here if you aren't prepared to question it, explain it or justify it?

I've explained how my opinion is formed, based on the evidence of the risk of children being harmed. Your opinion at the moment appears to be just based on paranoia.

Archived