Politically, Where are we going? Is there an end game?

What would success look like for each of the three main parties? Do they have an end game? Is there a point at which they could say, Yes, our work here is done, or is society just plodding on and on and the three main parties will just keep on battling each other to gain office to manage it in their way?

For Tories, it would have to include a low tax, low public spend economy with a small state.

An example perhaps?

Sadly there aren't any modern examples, only a few failed attempts- we've not evolved enough yet- as I said, we're still children, perhaps young teenagers as we've already managed to throw off another large institution through philosophy which is religion. Maybe we need a full on world government to fail before we can finally break free of ideology.

I'm afraid Cameron and Clegg will probably be lost to the annals of history when this comes about.

Taking responsibility isn't that difficult, it just means doing things for ourselves rather than relying upon governments..

So are you advocating that we do what the Greeks are doing at the moment?:|

So are you advocating that we do what the Greeks are doing at the moment?:|

Not at all- the Greeks haven't made any philosophical choice to self -govern, they've been destroyed economically through the irresponsible actions of their government alongside tumultuous world events and and are paying the price for that. I'm sure many would appreciate retaliation at their government right now, but that's different from purposefully seeking freedom through self-rule for freedom's sake.

Not at all- the Greeks haven't made any philosophical choice to self -govern, they've been destroyed economically through the irresponsible actions of their government alongside tumultuous world events and and are paying the price for that. I'm sure many would appreciate retaliation at their government right now, but that's different from purposefully seeking freedom through self-rule for freedom's sake.

But doesn't wilful avoidance of paying tax, as I believe some people have allegedly done, make them complicit in the goverment's conduct? That's why they are in such a parlous state.

Why are they complaining? Haven't they made that choice because they want to 'self govern' and beat the system?

Sadly there aren't any modern examples, only a few failed attempts- we've not evolved enough yet- as I said, we're still children, perhaps young teenagers as we've already managed to throw off another large institution through philosophy which is religion. Maybe we need a full on world government to fail before we can finally break free of ideology.

I note the nod in Nietzsche's direction, A Platonic Republic perhaps :cool:

Maybe we need a full on world government to fail before we can finally break free of ideology.

And would you like that to happen? How can you justify the pain and suffering for the average person that would ensue?

And aren't your ideas just another ideology? :rolleyes::hihi:

But doesn't wilful avoidance of paying tax, as I believe some people have allegedly done, make them complicit in the goverment's conduct? That's why they are in such a parlous state.

a bit like what this government and the one before have been doing letting the rich pay less tax:suspect:

Archived