Garage at the bottom of Jenkin rd

I can't think of one. Mind you I've only been around since 1981. I'll ask my dad for you. Which bottom of Jenkin? Shiregreen end or brightside end? It wasn't between Brightside school and what was the White swan was it. I seem to recall a business of some sorts being there. X

its near the cemetery, shiregreen lane end. Theres a little path that leads to some garages.

there was one at the junction of wincobank avenue and shiregreen lane i cant remember its name i used to bye petrol for my motor bike 2 shillings a three pence a galllon

the one at the top of newman road was opened by wilf bishop

at that time he used to drive a 3 wheel van it was like driving a 3 wheel motor bike only covered in and its a long time a go

ok was it his garage then mate, when you say a long time ago how long you thinking and is he still alive do you know. I went up the other day buts its all gone just trees now and one little tin hut garage when you go over the green gate someone has put up, looks like a council job.

ok was it his garage then mate, when you say a long time ago how long you thinking and is he still alive do you know. I went up the other day buts its all gone just trees now and one little tin hut garage when you go over the green gate someone has put up, looks like a council job.

if you mean the one on newman road i am talking over 60 years ago

is mother had sweetshop on bellhouse roa d stight opposit bevercotes road

i lived bevercotes at that time he was a lot older than me and i am turned 81

yours a woollen

there was one at the junction of wincobank avenue and shiregreen lane i cant remember its name i used to bye petrol for my motor bike 2 shillings a three pence a galllon

the one at the top of newman road was opened by wilf bishop

at that time he used to drive a 3 wheel van it was like driving a 3 wheel motor bike only covered in and its a long time a go

when was it demolished?,i cant remember it.

Im not sure if it was a repair garage or just garages where you could park your car, but i do know the guy that owned it used to charge rent for them over 20 years ago. Im trying to find out the guys name and where he lived or anything about him or his family.

The garage near the loads of garages on the old tip - mentioned above was Amblers from memory - neighbouring shops included Bygraves fruit and veg and a butchers i think? Hope this helps. Amblers' postal adress would have been Wincobank Avenue at the bottom of what was then Clematis Road.

Archived