Are 'Man bags' OK ?

Having just seen a similar thread concerning ladies hand bags, I've just been reminded of my current predicament.

I'd quite like one of those 'Man bags' :blush:

My O/H thinks this may inadvertantly make me look like a bit of a ***t

My argument is that I have to carry stacks of stuff round with me wherever I go ... mobile, tobacco, cigarette papers, collection of cigarette lighters, more tobacco, assortment of glasses including at least two pairs of shades, keys, money, credit card, Piriton, superglue etc ...

It's a bit difficult to carry all this round in my jeans pockets and hardly does any justice to my otherwise svelte figure.

I think a manbag would solve my problem, don't you?

Is this wrong? ... Do any other gentlemen on here own one and if so do you get bombarded with derisory comments and general mockery. :huh:

Manbags are a fashion statement... The statement being 'Dont i look the prat?'.

If you need to cart all that stuff around with you, be a real man and carry a shabby old rucksack or do what i do, stuff it all in Gerts handbag and let her carry it around for you.

There seems to be a fashion of young thin men, fresh out of university, who think they're better than anyone else and have that same air of smugness about them. They all wear the same clothes, have the same haircut and look the same i.e. a stupid harry potter/x factor haircut, a waist length jacket and skinny jeans or trousers with cheap, nasty shoes, a man bag slung around their neckand they always scuttle off down the road with both hands in their pockets. Unfortunately for them, I know where most of them are going so, in fact, it turns out they are not who they thought they were.

Men have always carried bags, whether it was factory workers with bags for their snap etc with a strap going across the body or DJ's with record bags, neither type remotely feminine. Because they have been labelled man bags and associated with the uber trendy twenty somethings dressed in those clothes they are now controversial.

Rucksacks are OK but purely functional and it's a style disaster to carry them with suits.

There seems to be a fashion of young thin men, fresh out of university, who think they're better than anyone else and have that same air of smugness about them.

Erm ... I'd better mention I'm 85 and never been to university! :P

There seems to be a fashion of young thin men, fresh out of university, who think they're better than anyone else and have that same air of smugness about them. They all wear the same clothes, have the same haircut and look the same i.e. a stupid harry potter/x factor haircut, a waist length jacket and skinny jeans or trousers with cheap, nasty shoes, a man bag slung around their neckand they always scuttle off down the road with both hands in their pockets. Unfortunately for them, I know where most of them are going so, in fact, it turns out they are not who they thought they were.

Sour grapes?

A wheeled shopping trolley for you then.

:hihi::hihi:

I don't think a man handbag looks silly, it's practical and less cumbersome than a rucksack, anyone ever been stuck behind someone wearing a rucksack who has suddenly turned round and nearly sent you flying, especially in shops?

Archived