Are 'Man bags' OK ?

Hey ... don't push me!

The reason I started this thread was for advice on what could potentially be a life changing fashion decision! :P

Well, what about having a trial "man bag", could you fashion together a few bits and bobs lying around your lab, make your own "street cred" logo, who needs Lacostalot anyway?

Well, what about having a trial "man bag", could you fashion together a few bits and bobs lying around your lab, make your own "street cred" logo, who needs Lacostalot anyway?

Hey! ... alcobag! ... brilliant idea! :o:clap:

Having just seen a similar thread concerning ladies hand bags, I've just been reminded of my current predicament.

I'd quite like one of those 'Man bags' :blush:

My O/H thinks this may inadvertantly make me look like a bit of a ***t

My argument is that I have to carry stacks of stuff round with me wherever I go ... mobile, tobacco, cigarette papers, collection of cigarette lighters, more tobacco, assortment of glasses including at least two pairs of shades, keys, money, credit card, Piriton, superglue etc ...

It's a bit difficult to carry all this round in my jeans pockets and hardly does any justice to my otherwise svelte figure.

I think a manbag would solve my problem, don't you?

Is this wrong? ..

Well I'm female and by being ruthlessly minimalist with myself I manage without one most of the time. Nobody needs all that stuff. Solution in your case:

mobile - shirt, jacket or jeans pocket

tobacco, cigarette paper, collection of cigarette lighters, more tobacco - stop smoking

(rollups are naff - did nobody tell you?)

assortment of glasses including at least two pairs of shades : you only need one pair of glasses, in shirt pocket or clipped to clothing. Keep shades in car/bike pannier for when you go outside

keys - how many do you need ffs? Car/Bike? Home? Two keys. Keep in pocket with mobile.

money: be like the Queen, don't carry any.

credit card: shirt, jacket or jeans pocket.

Piriton: avoid triggers. Or sellotape one tablet to your mobile for emergency use. if you are on more than one a day, move to somewhere healthier for you.

superglue etc The 'etc' being conkers, string, mouse bones & such like?... you sound like a small boy, not a grown man!:)

Well I'm female and by being ruthlessly minimalist with myself I manage without one most of the time. Nobody needs all that stuff. Solution in your case:

mobile - shirt, jacket or jeans pocket

tobacco, cigarette paper, collection of cigarette lighters, more tobacco - stop smoking

(rollups are naff - did nobody tell you?)

assortment of glasses including at least two pairs of shades : you only need one pair of glasses, in shirt pocket or clipped to clothing. Keep shades in car/bike pannier for when you go outside

keys - how many do you need ffs? Car/Bike? Home? Two keys. Keep in pocket with mobile.

money: be like the Queen, don't carry any.

credit card: shirt, jacket or jeans pocket.

Piriton: avoid triggers. Or sellotape one tablet to your mobile for emergency use. if you are on more than one a day, move to somewhere healthier for you.

superglue etc The 'etc' being conkers, string, mouse bones & such like?... you sound like a small boy, not a grown man!:)

Ooooh! ... handbag fight alert!

Don't worry ... it's your second post, I'll let you off! :)

Welcome to SF! :clap:

(what's wrong with conkers anyway? :huh:)

There seems to be a fashion of young thin men, fresh out of university, who think they're better than anyone else and have that same air of smugness about them. They all wear the same clothes, have the same haircut and look the same i.e. a stupid harry potter/x factor haircut, a waist length jacket and skinny jeans or trousers with cheap, nasty shoes, a man bag slung around their neckand they always scuttle off down the road with both hands in their pockets. Unfortunately for them, I know where most of them are going so, in fact, it turns out they are not who they thought they were.

What a bitter, bitter person you are.:|

Ooooh! ... handbag fight alert!

Don't worry ... it's your second post, I'll let you off! :)

Welcome to SF! :clap:

(what's wrong with conkers anyway? :huh:)

Nowt wrong with conkers Alco. Used to carry mine around in a man-bag, but discovered the freedom of boxers a few years back.

Nowt wrong with conkers Alco. Used to carry mine around in a man-bag, but discovered the freedom of boxers a few years back.

Are you suggesting I should forget the manbag idea and stuff everything down my underpants? :huh:

I have a green one with a pic of Che Guevara on it. I got it from a British heart foundation shop and when I bought it the lady behind the counter said `Would you like a bag?`

I said `No, I already have one` and held up the bag.

No sense of humour, charity workers.

I only used it once and now its hanging on a coat peg in the hall, stuffed with a load of my kids old toys. I dont even know why I bought the damn thing to be honest, it wasnt shiny or anything.

Archived