Are 'Man bags' OK ?

Erm ... I'm not 85 ... just trying to make the point that I don't think you have to be a whippersnapper to have a bag.

jeez ... I'm digging a hole for myself here, hope G/F's not looking! :blush:

Having just seen a similar thread concerning ladies hand bags, I've just been reminded of my current predicament.

I'd quite like one of those 'Man bags' :blush:

My O/H thinks this may inadvertantly make me look like a bit of a ***t

My argument is that I have to carry stacks of stuff round with me wherever I go ... mobile, tobacco, cigarette papers, collection of cigarette lighters, more tobacco, assortment of glasses including at least two pairs of shades, keys, money, credit card, Piriton, superglue etc ...

It's a bit difficult to carry all this round in my jeans pockets and hardly does any justice to my otherwise svelte figure.

I think a manbag would solve my problem, don't you?

Is this wrong? ... Do any other gentlemen on here own one and if so do you get bombarded with derisory comments and general mockery. :huh:

I do appreciate your problem, Dear Boy, but I regret that I am unable to provide an alternative.

Just flex your muscles (as you were taught to do) and think of England. Just as you did in prep.

I'm buggered if I can think of another way out ... and so will you be. ;)

I have an Alexander McQueen handbag, although to be fair all I have in it at the moment are some knuckledusters, a couple of wraps of heroin and copy of the guvnor tapes.

..and an Estee Lauder lipstick AJ? :D

I do appreciate your problem, Dear Boy, but I regret that I am unable to provide an alternative.

Just flex your muscles (as you were taught to do) and think of England. Just as you did in prep.

I'm buggered if I can think of another way out ... and so will you be. ;)

Thanks for you positive input there Mr Baehr ... really helpful! (not) :rolleyes::D

Manbags are a fashion statement... The statement being 'Dont i look the prat?'.

If you need to cart all that stuff around with you, be a real man and carry a shabby old rucksack or do what i do, stuff it all in Gerts handbag and let her carry it around for you.

Spot on, espacially the bit in inverted commas.

Archived