Are 'Man bags' OK ?

Yeah ... thanks!

I don't really want to walk round looking like I've been kneecapped or in a terminal stage of arthritis thank you! :loopy::)

No man bags please, it aint right. A old school leather sachel is cool but is has to old and a bit worn. It makes you look smart like you have been to Oxford or summat. I was asked once "Have you been to Oxford?" I replied "No I wasn't clever enough":roll:

I use a rucksack at the moment, but I've looked at the leather sachel style bags a few times. They'd fit the laptop and flask of coffee in them, and they look a bit more professional than the rucksack...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004MDKR18/ref=asc_df_B004MDKR183291968/?tag=googlecouk06-21&creative=22134&creativeASIN=B004MDKR18&linkCode=asn

Problem (for me) is that it does look a bit like a large handbag.

Hey ... that doesn't look too bad does it!?

What do other people think? :huh:

Not if it's worn across the shoulder/body, that way, you've got both hands free so how can it be a "handbag".

Women could carry their bags the same way, it wouldn't alter that they are handbags though. The name describes a style of bag, not just a way of carrying it. (My rucksack doesn't become a handbag if I pick it up by the strap does it!)

Hey ... that doesn't look too bad does it!?

What do other people think? :huh:

House of Frazer and Debenhams have a good selection. Or if you're going down to London there's a Fossil shop in St Pancras that's worth a look around.

Men have always carried bags, whether it was factory workers with bags for their snap etc with a strap going across the body or DJ's with record bags, neither type remotely feminine. Because they have been labelled man bags and associated with the uber trendy twenty somethings dressed in those clothes they are now controversial.

Rucksacks are OK but purely functional and it's a style disaster to carry them with suits.

What about a rucksack for laptops etc? These seem to be getting more and more popular..

House of Frazer and Debenhams have a good selection. Or if you're going down to London there's a Fossil shop in St Pancras that's worth a look around.

Nope ... I want a bag not a velociraptor! :)

Archived