Airport baggage allowance

On a recent holiday the check in staff were really strict with us regarding baggage allowance, wanting it spot on and it got me thinking. There was a lady on holiday who was really overweight. Is it right that she should have the same allowance as me as she was probably carrying 10 plus stone in excess body weight. Should her baggage allowance be reduced accordingly?

On a recent holiday the check in staff were really strict with us regarding baggage allowance, wanting it spot on and it got me thinking. There was a lady on holiday who was really overweight. Is it right that she should have the same allowance as me as she was probably carrying 10 plus stone in excess body weight. Should her baggage allowance be reduced accordingly?

No because such weight is not an option in the way that your hairdryer and personal entertainers are

I'm glad they are being strict with baggage, last time I went on a budget airline I checked my baggage, but the amount of people trying to fit everything into handluggage was daft, and the size of some of the hand luggage was clearly oversize.

But her clothes will weigh more than yours too, so she can take less items than you under the same allowance.

Archived