Does anyone remember Dolphin Street?

kirky

• 3 weeks later...
Hi/Baldy67.

Yes Steve is my nephew.

The reason I was asking about Dolphin Street and if anybody remembered the surname Tavernor is that I am trying to get into tracing my family history.

My name is Mick.

mick did you have a brother called trevor he was the eldest I think.you were both good at football we used to play on the rec.

mick did you have a brother called trevor he was the eldest I think.you were both good at football we used to play on the rec.

Hi/Jacklad.

No I have a elder brother called Geoff and a younger brother called Peter. But me and our Geoff were always down the rec playing football.

Whats your name.

Hi/Jacklad.

No I have a elder brother called Geoff and a younger brother called Peter. But me and our Geoff were always down the rec playing football.

Whats your name.

Thats right it was Geoff my name is Jack Nicholson we also used to play footy on Cottingham street near the flat top beer off good days

Thats right it was Geoff my name is Jack Nicholson we also used to play footy on Cottingham street near the flat top beer off good days

Hi/Jacklad.

Yes I can remember playing football ,between Trowbridges and the garages opposite the off licence , I think it was on the corner of Cottingham St and I'm not sure was it Worthing road or something like that.

Were have all the years gone.

We used to play football till dark were you could hardly see the ball.

I tried to look on Google earth to find were all the old streets were but it was confusing.

Hi/Jacklad.

Yes I can remember playing football ,between Trowbridges and the garages opposite the off licence , I think it was on the corner of Cottingham St and I'm not sure was it Worthing road or something like that.

Were have all the years gone.

We used to play football till dark were you could hardly see the ball.

I tried to look on Google earth to find were all the old streets were but it was confusing.

Mick look on your page on forum @Hillrbro post great map showing all the streets including Dolphin street cheers Jack

This old map shows Dolphin Street (arrowed) and the streets nearby..:)

Hi/hillsbro

Thanks for the old map which shows Dolphin Street.

It must be really old because it does not show the houses on Cottingham street at the bottom end near Woodbourn road school and Staniforth road is not shown. How old is the map.

Hi/hillsbro Thanks for the old map which shows Dolphin Street.... How old is the map.
Hi wednesday115 - sorry about the late reply; we're just back from a few days away. The map (here's a scan) is dated July 1900. It shows the city from the Workhouse (now part of the Northern General Hospital) in the north to Meersbrook Park in the south, and west-to-east from Crosspool to Darnall. It was published by Kelly's Directories and sold at Loxley's in Fargate (you have to be old to remember this shop)..:(