Why do German hotels and many other places in the country give free apples?

You want cucumbers?

The cucumbers were totally free of E.Coli by the way and it winds me up that so many were thrown out and useless covered in that annoying cling film. Plastic is the worst invention ever. They could have make amazing fertilizer at least, give them back to nature. But no.

Anyway back to the apples.

An apple a day keeps the doctor away. Never seen them give apples away, mind you I've stayed in some hovels around Germany, a night here, a night there etc. Once stayed in the Charletton area of Berlin and the hotel was giving away free elm saplings, which seem to line all the streets around there.

The cucumbers were totally free of E.Coli by the way and it winds me up that so many were thrown out and useless covered in that annoying cling film. Plastic is the worst invention ever. They could have make amazing fertilizer at least, give them back to nature. But no.

Anyway back to the apples.

You think that's bad, I was shopping in a certain "freezer center" and noticed a staff member removing all the boxes of grapes from the shelves. I asked if she was going to reduce the price of them, but she said they'd got tomorrows best before date on them and they were going in the bin.

As they looked to be in better condition than some I'd bought from other places recently I asked about the chances of getting some out of the bins, but apparently they put disinfectant or bleach on them to discourage that sort of thing.

Archived