Pubs in bakewell

Can anyone suggest a nice pub or hotel for a party of around ten people in bakewell or surrounding area for a meal after my daughters wedding. :thumbsup:

The Ashford in Ashford in the Water is very nice, I've also heard good reports on The Manners on Matlock Street, in Bakewell. All the others are very much of a muchness, I'm not sure what the food in the Rutland Hotel is like, but it might be worth going just for the entertainment factor emanating from the owner who is a complete eccentric (or nutter, depending on your sense of humour). I loved watching his antics on the TV programme 'The Hotel Inspector'.

Good luck to you.

Can anyone suggest a nice pub or hotel for a party of around ten people in bakewell or surrounding area for a meal after my daughters wedding. :thumbsup:

I suppose it all depends on how much you want to spend. Hassop Hall is very nice but a touch pricey for some. The Lathkilldale Hotel is very reasonble and also serves excellent beer. The Monsal Head is pretty similar but a large party would probably not get into the stabble bar and the main hotel lacks character. You could try the Pack Horse at Little Longstone. It is an excellent pub with great food, but you might need to book an entire room as the place is tiny.

Archived