Domestic electric rentals der

We sometimes played in the back yard there as kids PT, there was broken tv's often left behind the shop. It was one of the shops here

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=sharrow+lane,+Sheffield&hl=en&ll=53.367397,-1.475575&spn=0,0.002401&sll=53.445407,-1.504468&sspn=0.061241,0.153637&z=19&layer=c&cbll=53.367397,-1.475575&panoid=MW4dBupiWjh7esbSRyEFnQ&cbp=12,64.02,,0,1.38

I was pretty sure it was DER but possibly radio rentals. I remember Wigfalls on the corner of London road Hill street.

Dunbar Cooke's was either the premises called Sakara, or the General Store, (now Zaid's)

I think Zaid's was the grocers shop, where "aunty" Gloria Needes worked, and Dc's was Sakura.

I'm wondering if Der/RR was the shop which is now Airy Fairy?

Remember it well PT, sometimes i wish we would have taken more photos back in the day. Sorry if i mentioned this before but the last time i seen the Fitzgeralds they were running a coach firm and lived at Beighton.

Edited by only_me

• 5 weeks later...

My Dad Charlie Hibbert worked at DER from 1960 up to retiring. He started as a rep. renting tvs then went on to be Manager at London Road branch, then to run the Chesterfield branch. On to work at Broad Lane and finally at Pegasus House at Broomhill.

I worked there in the 70s, I worked at Broad Lane which was then a service depot. There was a caretaker called Tom who used to catch rats and notch his belt when he got one and went for fish and chips every Friday, the flavour was always enhanced as we used to swear he sat on them. I remember Mr Parrott, Cliff Taylor the aerial manager and Harry Justice the aerial rigger. Engineers then were Doug, who was a bird watching fanatic, Alan Trotter, Little Malc, Brian, cant remember the others. It was a nice place to work.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...