Is it wrong to do a "bit of fiddlework" ?

Perhaps people are fiddling a bit of money on the side out of need.

Put yourself in a position whereby, through no fault of your own you have taken a sudden drop in income. You job may be in a different location, your hours may have been reduced, perhaps outgoings such as insurance are rocketing and your after tax income is not covering your basic outgoings.

What do you do then?

Is it wrong to have some fiddle money just so you can get by?

It could happen to us all very soon, look at Greece - I would reckon we are not too far behind them, very soon, the costly New Labour years will catch up with us all

Put yourself in a position whereby, through no fault of your own you have taken a sudden drop in income. You job may be in a different location, your hours may have been reduced, perhaps outgoings such as insurance are rocketing and your after tax income is not covering your basic outgoings.

What do you do then?

It could happen to us all very soon, look at Greece - I would reckon we are not too far behind them, very soon, the costly New Labour years will catch up with us all

I am sure that people will fiddle more and more over the next few years for necessities. I for one do not blame them. The tory government have much to answer for.

What do you do then?

Have the problems in Greece not been caused by people fiddling their taxes on a huge scale?

That's like asking if it was ok to rob someone cos that is basically what your doing. :)

And annoys me when there are descent people that work for a living and get taxed.

Being honest obviously and living a honest life does not pay, no wonder why society is like it is. :)

My conscience would only be tested if I did something that could be construed as immoral. Illegal and immoral are different animals.:roll:

My conscience works for me equally for moral and legal issues.I mentioned legality specifically because your OP was about a legal issue.I agree with you that legal and moral are different.There are many legal things that I can't or won't do on moral grounds and I have to say,do some illegal things that my conscience will allow me to do with no moral dilemma.

Archived