Is it wrong to do a "bit of fiddlework" ?

People who work PAYE pay income tax. The state extorts a huge part of their money before they even see it. It is only just , fair and proper that such people should get a bit of tax free money on the fiddle as our taxes are very punishing.

Anyone who thinks it's acceptable to 'fiddle' can have no complaint about benefit cheats!

It's not very often that I am knocked sideways by a simple, straight forward logic statement, but this is one such occasion. Well done SammieJ, excellent post.:)

Working people should be able to fiddle, but people on benefits should not be allowed to.

Here here, I work 5 days a week 8:30 - 6:30. I help a friend for a bit of cash in hand, every now and then. So sometimes i work 5/6 or 7 days a week, and guess what. I still have bugger all to show for it compared to some.

Here here, I work 5 days a week 8:30 - 6:30. I help a friend for a bit of cash in hand, every now and then. So sometimes i work 5/6 or 7 days a week, and guess what. I still have bugger all to show for it compared to some.

A common error, It's not about the amount of hours that you work, it's about the amount of work you put into those hours.:)

That must really be frustrating. I hate being overtaxed too. Unfortunately it seems that having your own money to spend is unfashionable in England.

As far as I can see we earn our own money, then other people apply to take a huge percentage of it and you then get what little is left of your own money, but when you spend some you pay tax again.

I cannot begin to understand why this is supposedto be just and proper.

That must really be frustrating. I hate being overtaxed too. Unfortunately it seems that having your own money to spend is unfashionable in England.

As far as I can see we earn our own money, then other people apply to take a huge percentage of it and you then get what little is left of your own money, but when you spend some you pay tax again.

I cannot begin to understand why this is supposedto be just and proper.

In order to understand you need to know how your income tax is spent and what percentage goes towards helping the unemployed. You also need to understand that the unemployed are not exempt from paying tax on goods that they purchase. Do your homework before starting a thread like this would be my advise, it will save you time, embarrassment and save SF some bandwidth.:)

Archived