Another Butcher is selling up.

Bridge Farm butchers, half way up Carterknowle road, (next door to the Cherry Tree pub) is to close due to lack of trade.

" A sign of the times " some folk might say, but I say WRONG ! His meat (all bar mince) is CHEAPER, yes, CHEAPER than our local BIG 2 supermarkets at Millhouses. The meat tastes a hundred times better yet people locally , who moan about being hard up, still buy from the supermarkets. Why ? 'cos they must be stupid or just plain bone idle, and despite saying they're hard up are obviously sitting on wads of dosh.

The shop has adequate parking outside and is within easy reach of a good few thosand locals. This is happening all over the town and I just wanted to voice my support for some of the local businesses that do provide bloody good value for money.

Funny how he had a good weeks turnover when it snowed last year and locals couldn't get to the supermarkets !!!

Bridge Farm butchers, half way up Carterknowle road, (next door to the Cherry Tree pub) is to close due to lack of trade.

" A sign of the times " some folk might say, but I say WRONG ! His meat (all bar mince) is CHEAPER, yes, CHEAPER than our local BIG 2 supermarkets at Millhouses. The meat tastes a hundred times better yet people locally , who moan about being hard up, still buy from the supermarkets. Why ? 'cos they must be stupid or just plain bone idle, and despite saying they're hard up are obviously sitting on wads of dosh.

The shop has adequate parking outside and is within easy reach of a good few thosand locals. This is happening all over the town and I just wanted to voice my support for some of the local businesses that do provide bloody good value for money.

Funny how he had a good weeks turnover when it snowed last year and locals couldn't get to the supermarkets !!!

People are by nature stupid and lazy,hence the preference for expensive and poor quality supermarket produce and for many the inability to cook cuts other than steaks and chops.You have not lived if you have not had oxtail,belly pork and lamb shoulder-too much work for todays manicured(and manacled) airheads.

Supermarkets drive down prices with ball-breaking deals. If the farmer doesn't agree, they get left off the supplier list. I make an effort to shop locally for stuff where I can. I went to Rotherham today to a friendly computer shop instead of giving my money to the Asda down the road.

It's a great butchers with great meat and plenty of customers when I go in.

I can't believe that the only reason is supermarkets. I smell offal or retirement.

Tony, you'd best ask Roy next time you're in his shop and get it from the horses mouth. He is not retiring, he's selling the shop (not the business) and will be looking for another job.

Ade (who's wife shops at Roys)

Archived