Another Butcher is selling up.

I buy anything pork from Conrad Kempka, the only steak that we eat is the mature Ribeye from Sainsburys, we buy leg beef from the Chatsworth Farm Shop.

I have tried this loyalty thing and it doesn't work, if I ask for meat to be cubed I don't want telling that I am very lucky to have it done for me, this came from an independent butcher that I started to use for certain things, I don't use him anymore.

I'm sorry about your butcher selling up, I've driven past for years, wrong spot, even the Co-op couldn't survive there.

Aye, shop local for your meat, plenty of farm shops and High St butchers if you look for them. Their meat is much better than the supermarkets as well. It's possible to get cheap cuts which the big shops just do not do, just cook them long and slow and they will taste great.

Regards

Angel.

I buy anything pork from Conrad Kempka, the only steak that we eat is the mature Ribeye from Sainsburys, we buy leg beef from the Chatsworth Farm Shop.

I have tried this loyalty thing and it doesn't work, if I ask for meat to be cubed I don't want telling that I am very lucky to have it done for me, this came from an independent butcher that I started to use for certain things, I don't use him anymore.

I'm sorry about your butcher selling up, I've driven past for years, wrong spot, even the Co-op couldn't survive there.

Poor butcher then, our local guy will do owt you ask him to with the meat, except cook it for you. Went in one day for some pork mince, non ready so he minced me some pork loin from the counter display, at mince price. Can't ask for better than that. Doubtful any supermarket chain would be as obliging.

Regards

Angel.

I've used the same butcher for years and it works for me.

Living in Kent I'd have thought you'd be a regular at Mr Jones butchers shop in Walmington-on-Sea.

i was refering to my time in sheffield tbh. living in maidstone, there is 1 butchers as far as i am aware, and that is in the shopping centre in town. and its expensive.

I use my local butcher and greengrocer. Much better quality and cheaper than supermarkets. It's a fallacy that supermarkets are cheaper.

USE THEM OR LOSE THEM.

Totally agree, Supermarket meat and veg is expensive and tastless, all wrapped up in plastic. Support your local shops.

i was refering to my time in sheffield tbh. living in maidstone, there is 1 butchers as far as i am aware, and that is in the shopping centre in town. and its expensive.

I am pleased you live in Maidstone mush-you and Kent seem made for each other.

thats a shame but if he's to get the CHOP then he has to make ends MEAT somehow otherwise he'll not have a SAUSAGE to his name and his BACON will be on the line.

I dont want to beef about your posts but they are bit near the knuckle and perhaps rather too obvious to de-liver a killer touch.put your hand on your heart and rack your brains with this question-can you really do no better than this tripe?

Archived