Another Butcher is selling up.

So can someone explain how Supermarket meat is different from local butchers meat. What makes it different. And 'it tastes better' isn't good enough.

I can't tell the difference to be perfectly honest, unless you're talking about the disgusting cheap sausages and the like, which no-one in their right mind would eat anyway.

no difference in quality, the better end of the meat market anyway.

it goes beyond simply getting the meat though. Why choose starbucks over the local coffee house?

the service, availability, selection, experience, convenience will all go someway to deciding why you go to the supermarket rather than the butchers

i was refering to my time in sheffield tbh. living in maidstone, there is 1 butchers as far as i am aware, and that is in the shopping centre in town. and its expensive.

When I'm in Germany, I live in a small town (3100 people.)

3 Butchers, 3 Bakers, 2 Supermarkets (one of which has a small independent bakery in the entrace.)

People do shop at the Supermarkets ... but meat comes from the butcher and bread comes from the baker.

Archived