Help with dog fighting

xxnikkixx

Not really my flat is completely animal safe with pet gates on most rooms so we split them with the gates plus my males not intrested so far as he dosnt really like her that much shes too hyper for him she is a husky after all but we still seperated them as to make sure nothing can happen.

Also like to add my dogs are brilliant and never run though the gate they wait to be told they can cross the gate so no chance of him running through and grabbing her at all.

it just seems like you have taken to much on, has your friend thought about putting the dogs (or some) in kennels ?? i know its a hard thing to do but may be for the best.

Not really my flat is completely animal safe with pet gates on most rooms so we split them with the gates plus my males not intrested so far as he dosnt really like her that much shes too hyper for him she is a husky after all but we still seperated them as to make sure nothing can happen.

Also like to add my dogs are brilliant and never run though the gate they wait to be told they can cross the gate so no chance of him running through and grabbing her at all.

I'm not getting into all of this but believe me if an un-neutered male wanted to get to a female in season he would do! It wouldn't matter if there was a 6ft wall in front of him he would still try his best. So I doubt a baby/dog gate would stop him.

I haven't read the full thread either as I already have a headache lol.

I do hope everything works out for you though.

He can't jump my gates and cant knock them off honestly people have no need to even worry i kept my male and female seperate the same way when she was in season and he wanted her and she has not got pregnant although they drove me mad but thats why hes getting done i never kept him to breed anyways it was allways the plan for him to be done.

Thankyou strix really mean't alot for you to say that xXx
Just decide how you're going to dig yourself out of your situation :thumbsup:

Don't waste time on this thread, it's all been said now

Go ask the forum what the right answers are for filling in a housing application ;)

We have been onto council she is viewing a private place tomorrow we have been looking everyday for a place for her since she arrived so somthing has to come up it such a shame cause a flat across from me is empty and she loves this area shame but there a process you cant pick and choose and shes willing to take anything where she can have dogs and they accept dss so shes not being picky at all

i asked for help and advice the advice i have gotten has all been taken in and i am more than willing to get my dog spayed if thats the advice a trainer who as assest the situation gives me but people are acting like thats the only thing to do.

I don't think just getting her spayed would be the answer, it is a mixture of the dog overcrowding and everything else going on. However it is one of the possible solutions and I'm glad that you are considering it along with other advice :) I know one trainer that is not to fussed about spaying, he only ever has female dogs and they never come out if they are in season or approaching it due to the problems it would cause with the other dogs and also being unfair on the dog.

I know quite a few people with multiple dogs (all neutered) who manage it fine, the dogs do occassionally have fights but they are not serious more a warning (and they are not bull breeds). I think one of the bull breed traits is to go in a bit heavy handed, they really do not like backing down once they start. D is the same and although I would love to have another dog, he just has that streak in him that I would not trust as if he did decide to tell them off, I know he would be too bullish about it and it would just lead to two unhappy dogs :( I hate being sensible sometimes and would love another, but deep down I know that this is best for him and so we are a one dog house.

I think once you have found somewhere for your friends dogs to go a lot of your problems will become easier, it is good advice to look into kennels for her dogs to ease the problem when they are house hunting and then you can start getting on top of yours.

Archived