If you had an endless supply of money

I'm not physically able to go and do stuff that I'd like to do to help all of the causes, and no amount of money can get my working body back, so I'll just have to learn to live with it.

I already do a number of voluntary jobs, which include looking after this forum when I'm not well enough to do stuff that includes standing up or sitting at a desk, and I'm afraid that I wouldn't give any longer than the time that I already give, no matter how much money you promised me.

There would be no point in buying loads of gold jewellery anyway- it brings me up in a really very unpleasant and itchy rash.

therefore, you are excused. common sense applies here... i see so many people saying'if i win this, its going to whatever' when in reality, they just want a new tv, and wouldnt even think of physically helping.

I may have misunderstood so please dont be offended. Are you disabled for want of a better word. My wife has just sustained a serious spinal injury and is finding it hard to come to terms with it. Any advice you could give me would be gratefully receibed (if i have understood correctly) Many thanks.

I am in samme situation am disabled I worked as a carer in nursing homes on EMI.

I am now the one being cared for though now

I may have misunderstood so please dont be offended. Are you disabled for want of a better word. My wife has just sustained a serious spinal injury and is finding it hard to come to terms with it. Any advice you could give me would be gratefully receibed (if i have understood correctly) Many thanks.

Yes- I've got a chronic degenerative condition in my lower back and surgery to remove a tumour left me with my dominant arm not working properly and a curvature to my upper back (which makes my lower back condition worse etc).

My one piece of advice for your wife is to have a really good talk with her doctors about what movement and strength she is likely to get back and to work towards that, not look backwards and spend the rest of her life trying to regain something that is not a possibility, as that direction will ruin her mental health. Her condition now is the new 'normal' and time spent trying to get back to the old 'normal' is time wasted which could be spent on learning about now.

Anyway, this is way off topic for the thread, so why don't you start a thread in the Disability and Carers group (which you can find from the home page under the 'Sheffield Interest Groups' icon) and then you and she can benefit from the collected wisdom of all of us who are going through life hampered with health issues we didn't want?

i would definately make sure it ddnt change me,my morals/values. some ppl get a bit of money and think theyr suddenly special and above everyone. but take it away and what do they have? not alot. family, friends, children. thats wots important to me:)

rahimah, u like?;) xxx

Yes- I've got a chronic degenerative condition in my lower back and surgery to remove a tumour left me with my dominant arm not working properly and a curvature to my upper back (which makes my lower back condition worse etc).

My one piece of advice for your wife is to have a really good talk with her doctors about what movement and strength she is likely to get back and to work towards that, not look backwards and spend the rest of her life trying to regain something that is not a possibility, as that direction will ruin her mental health. Her condition now is the new 'normal' and time spent trying to get back to the old 'normal' is time wasted which could be spent on learning about now.

Anyway, this is way off topic for the thread, so why don't you start a thread in the Disability and Carers group (which you can find from the home page under the 'Sheffield Interest Groups' icon) and then you and she can benefit from the collected wisdom of all of us who are going through life hampered with health issues we didn't want?

Thankyou:D

i would definately make sure it ddnt change me,my morals/values. some ppl get a bit of money and think theyr suddenly special and above everyone. but take it away and what do they have? not alot. family, friends, children. thats wots important to me:)

rahimah, u like?;) xxx

me like:hihi: as long as im your no1 :hihi: yeah nothings more important than your beautiful children:hihi::hihi:

Archived