Are dreams real?

I used to be able to control my dreams, because I knew I was dreaming. Good times. Exciting, wonderful, sexy times.

Can't do it anymore, maybe it was a puberty thing.

This is called 'Lucid dreaming' and is great if you can do it.

The technique can be learned from books and CD's.

Last night I dreamt that I robbed a bank. This morning, I woke up to find myself lying on a huge pile of umarked 50 pound notes. So yes, dreams are true.

Would anyone else, apart from the OP like a gold plated Rolls Royce?

is dreaming real? do we really see touch smell and hear in dreams?:confused:

Dreaming is real as in, yes we do dream. I think any smells, touch and sounds you experience in a dream are simulated by your brain, however if you hear/smell/touch something in real life while you are still asleep your brain can integrate it into the dream.

This is called 'Lucid dreaming' and is great if you can do it.

The technique can be learned from books and CD's.

I used to be able to do it but can't seem to any more. Most of the time I can't even remember any dreams.

Last night I dreamt that I robbed a bank. This morning, I woke up to find myself lying on a huge pile of umarked 50 pound notes. So yes, dreams are true.

Would anyone else, apart from the OP like a gold plated Rolls Royce?

No thanks they're too heavy and get through tyres like there's no tomorrow!

I have had dreams that felt real but does that actually make them real???

I'm not sure what the OP and yourself actually mean by real, do you mean when we dream are we actually really in the place we're dreaming about, physically?

Lucid dreaming... something that I've always done. It's not so unusual is it?

No I think most people just aren't aware you can induce it.

Tell you what though, the old "You always wake up before you hit the ground in a falling dream" thing is just myth. I once had a falling dream and hit the bottom. Interestingly I woke up in pain everywhere.

I think I had slept in a funny position, causing pins and needles or something, then my brain incorporated this real sensation into the dream.

I've tried to lucid dream for years and have never been able to do it :(

My dreams are usually really brilliant and colourful and either happy or terrifying.

I've given up on controlling them, though :(

is dreaming real? do we really see touch smell and hear in dreams?:confused:

If you read Kate McGanns book about the loss of her daughter Maddy,she dreams that Maddies nursery rings her up, and tells her that Maddy isnt missing after all and is at their nursery. In her dream she rushes over to the nursery, and sees her sitting there. She puts her arms out to hold, hug and kiss her, and she wakes up from the dream, realising Maddy is still missing.

She says she could feel , touch and smell Maddy, as though she were really there.

This shows we dream more clearly when we are troubled,and try to make a situation right again, when we cannot.

Archived