Can anyone help me get off coke?

i am a bit of a health freak,only eat organic vegetables,fruit,nuts etc.

but as hard as i try i cannot shake the craving for a 1.25 litre bottle of pepsi with ice.

i only drink it once per week or so when i get bored or depressed.

it is so addictive i would recommend not to start drinking it in the first place.

i am a bit of a health freak,only eat organic vegetables,fruit,nuts etc.

but as hard as i try i cannot shake the craving for a 1.25 litre bottle of pepsi with ice.

i only drink it once per week or so when i get bored or depressed.

it is so addictive i would recommend not to start drinking it in the first place.

If you only drink a bottle once a week and live an otherwise healthy life why do you feel the need to stop anyway?

I suspect you may be somewhat obsessive about your health and well being - in the context of a once a week treat it really isn't going to do you any significant harm, so why worry?

my best friend is 6 years younger than me aged 40,has been drinking pepsi/coke with his takeaway EVERYDAY since he left school 24 years ago!

sometimes twice a day too.

he now weighs in at 132kg,i weigh in at 66kg,exactly half his weight.

when i first met him he was 75kg and i was the same weight as present around 66kg.

evidence perhaps, you are what you eat?

my best friend is 6 years younger than me aged 40,has been drinking pepsi/coke with his takeaway EVERYDAY since he left school 24 years ago!

when i first met him he was 75kg and i was the same weight as present around 66kg.

Thats a lot of takeaways.

Well yeah, but you're not overweight and you're in good shape so why are you stressing over one botle of coke a week?

Coke can become addictive most people dont not known the dangers of drinking coke before it to late. 5ys ago i stop drinking alcohol and turned to full fat coke, that turned into me drinking 4/8lts a day and cans wile i was out that lead me to health problems that nearly disabled me but i now do have health problems because of drinking it, My dentist say lucky for me i not rot my teeth with the amount i drank, but i rotted some of my insides and my bones with the fat build up behind my joints from the caffeen that i need to take 9 differnent tablets a day for life. I hardly put weight on from drinking it but i did do damage to my insides.I now drink about 2lts a day and when im out with friends i do have pints of coke, but now i stick to sugar free and caffeen free has i was told these was better for me has i could not give up even thoe i tryed but i kept getting very bad temper so DR told me to go on diet caffeen free. So yes it can become addictive if you let it. But if you really are drinking it once a week i wont worry your not addicted yet just keep an eye on what intake you are drinking or change to diet coke.

i stress over drinking the stuff as i believe it's crap,no nutrition,short of hydration,empty calories,lots of nasties and i have to pay for the privilege.

a little poison is better than lots of poison, but a little poison is still poison.

People that are obsessive with controlling what they eat (an OCD) are usually in a situation where they feel they are not in control over most aspects of their life...... and food is the only thing they have control over.

Something to think about, instead of worrying over a bit of pop.

Archived