Can anyone help me get off coke?

i am a bit of a health freak,only eat organic vegetables,fruit,nuts etc.

but as hard as i try i cannot shake the craving for a 1.25 litre bottle of pepsi with ice.

i only drink it once per week or so when i get bored or depressed.

it is so addictive i would recommend not to start drinking it in the first place.

As a nurse I can tell you that its not good for the bladder. A Urologist told me that,so its straight from the horses mouth.:)

i find you highly offensive. how DARE you title your thread 'coke', then in the post reference drinking that over-sugared 'pepsi' crap. how DARE you. Coke= NOT pepsi. thankyou.

Hah. I agree though, don't insult the Pepsi name by calling it Coke.

i should probably add now that although i may seem like a murderous psychopath, im only dangerous when overly provoked. change your ways, and you shall liv....... be fine :)

i cant condone switching to lilt, as i am a vegetarian, and dont see why fish gelatin should be used as a stabilizer... but that worked for a friend, he then cut that down. plus its less readily available, so you dont drink it so much. lilt and lemonade... good alternatives.

my best friend is 6 years younger than me aged 40,has been drinking pepsi/coke with his takeaway EVERYDAY since he left school 24 years ago!

sometimes twice a day too.

he now weighs in at 132kg,i weigh in at 66kg,exactly half his weight.

when i first met him he was 75kg and i was the same weight as present around 66kg.

evidence perhaps, you are what you eat?

Maybe the clue is there!

I had been on one bottle of coke a day for a couple of years and could not stop drinking it. I stopped whilst on a holiday for a week, I don't drink as much on holiday as I am not as tired or stressed and managed not to have a single bottle for a month after the holiday. Then I allowed myself one every so often and that one bottle gave me shakes, headaches and dizziness. Now I can only stomach any coke when I have a hangover and then the maximum I will have is a can.

Willpower and a holiday is the only way:D

PS pepsi mings anyway:gag:

i should probably add now that although i may seem like a murderous psychopath, im only dangerous when overly provoked. change your ways, and you shall liv....... be fine :)

i cant condone switching to lilt, as i am a vegetarian, and dont see why fish gelatin should be used as a stabilizer... but that worked for a friend, he then cut that down. plus its less readily available, so you dont drink it so much. lilt and lemonade... good alternatives.

I second the lemonade option as it is much less addictive (less mind altering chemicals I guess) but gives you the sugar rush when you need it!

Archived