Mens Lynx Deodorant Body Spray - Rant

i didnt insult anyone. you complained about anyone using anything other than soap and water, and insulted us for it. so id get off your high horse before you fall off.

its called living in the 21st century, ive been to places where deo isnt used, and believe me, although the person in question isnt aware, id much rather they used some deo.

you were the one that said you dont, so you do brush? do you use that marketed chemical crap toothpaste then?

Keep on squirming son. Or buy yourself a bar of Wright's Coal Tar soap and man up a bit. Leave the bodyspray to the teenagers and halfwits eh?

Body spray is the preserve of the teenaged oaf who feels that there is no greater allure to females than the overpowering stench of pressurised gases, vulgar scent and the camouflaging of body odour. If a chap washes himself and applies antiperspirant then it can be complimented by a nice and classy addition.

Chaps wear aftershave or a decent eau de cologne which elicits a "Mmm, that's nice" from the ladies rather that the chloroform recoil that their poorer cousins bring. The oiks may choose to bathe in joop which gives them the feeling of being classy but it's nasal assault.

i use the stuff cos i like the smell, im not as desperate to get laid as some on here may appear.

in addition, my more modern mass produced choices are met with greater positivity than the 'classy' expensive rubbish. as that is clearly your point- classy, more expensive= better somehow.

There are plenty of deodorants on the market that don't make you smell like toilet duck, although it isn't natural to stop yourself perspiring. The likes of Lynx etc only hide what you smell like naturally. Bad body odour and Lynx etc as a combination actually smell worse than each individually. As suggested, a thorough wash with a change of clothing is sufficient. If not and you reek naturally, I'd get to a doctor and sort it medically rather than masking it cosmetically.

Keep on squirming son. Or buy yourself a bar of Wright's Coal Tar soap and man up a bit. Leave the bodyspray to the teenagers and halfwits eh?

so no comment other than to insult more people? im seventeen, 'halfwit'.

give it up, veteran.

i use the stuff cos i like the smell, im not as desperate to get laid as some on here may appear.

in addition, my more modern mass produced choices are met with greater positivity than the 'classy' expensive rubbish. as that is clearly your point- classy, more expensive= better somehow.

Bless! I love the smell of silage, but I wouldn't splash it all over.

so no comment other than to insult more people? im seventeen, 'halfwit'.

give it up, veteran.

Yeah, figured it was somewhere round there! You won't be doing it when you're a grown up hopefully - there's time yet.

I pay £6 per bottle for a rather tasty scent from Avon. It lasts forever and provides a far more pleasing musky/woody scent - Why wear it if not for the pleasure of others? Believe me, I don't do expensive ..... I do, however, like to be well groomed :D

pah, avon... tried the stuff, its not great. now THATS cheap :hihi:

use vie. much better ;)

and @ fishy, ... ahh, old dogs. you listen to rock? think what the older generations thought of it. something new and modern- its bad if your a bit too old for it, and theres no real justification behind the disapproval. it just happens like that. ill put it down to this, and forgive you.

just hope i dont deliver your meals in a couple of years, i will use the worst you could imagine:hihi:

Body spray is the preserve of the teenaged oaf who feels that there is no greater allure to females than the overpowering stench of pressurised gases, vulgar scent and the camouflaging of body odour. If a chap washes himself and applies antiperspirant then it can be complimented by a nice and classy addition.

Chaps wear aftershave or a decent eau de cologne which elicits a "Mmm, that's nice" from the ladies rather that the chloroform recoil that their poorer cousins bring. The oiks may choose to bathe in joop which gives them the feeling of being classy but it's nasal assault.

Very true, but at one stage in our lives we were also guilty of being teenagers.

It's the science of scent. Some folk smell grand with a bottle of £6 Avon and others need to spend £250 of a bottle of stink from a fop in France ... I'm fortunate I guess ;)

Worth bearing in mind though, me and Halibut are only a few years apart and neither that old :)

Archived