Making people work! rant

Why would it cost more?

Thought you were talking about the NMW for a minute. You seriously think people are going to work for their dole money? Stop their dole money and they could starve and that isn't going to look too good is it? They could even turn to stealing just to eat, in which case they would probably get locked up and that would cost the government even more. These people also have the right to vote so the government had best think on before coming up with such ideas.

I appreciate that but it would cost a lot to finance it, if its about saving money, its a none starter..It will cost millions to run and won't last 18 months.

How can it cost anything, we already pay staff to run benefits offices and we already pay people to do nothing, they will get the same money for doing something that would benefit everyone and the benefits staff would still make sure its run correctly. Ultimately many that are now unemployed would choose to find a better job when the option of sitting on their arse is removed.

Where did you get these figures from? Did you make them up Frank?;)

Yes I learned my financial expertise from you. You're always making things up about your finances.

I bet you're cacking yourself, you'll have to work for your Jobseekers soon...:D

Thought you were talking about the NMW for a minute. You seriously think people are going to work for their dole money? Stop their dole money and they could starve and that isn't going to look too good is it? They could even turn to stealing just to eat, in which case they would probably get locked up and that would cost the government even more. These people also have the right to vote so the government had best think on before coming up with such ideas.

I take it from your comments that you wouldn't work for the money and would rather sit on your arse and have a hand out, many people that I know including me if faced with unemployment would like to be offered something to do.

I take it from your comments that you wouldn't work for the money and would rather sit on your arse and have a hand out, many people that I know including me if faced with unemployment would like to be offered something to do.

No, I would rather spend all day looking for work but since the government is closing a lot of job centres and job clubs it seems they wouldn't want me to do that.

How can it cost anything, we already pay staff to run benefits offices and we already pay people to do nothing, they will get the same money for doing something that would benefit everyone and the benefits staff would still make sure its run correctly. Ultimately many that are now unemployed would choose to find a better job when the option of sitting on their arse is removed.

That's a good point about the staff. But we'd have to retrain them and would they want to trudge through the streets on a raining winters day. I understand the reasoning behind your support for it. But its not as simple as that. How much would it cost, for example, to insure all the people out on the streets?

And what about the people who already clean the streets, what will happen to them?

That's a good point about the staff. But we'd have to retrain them and would they want to trudge through the streets on a raining winters day. I understand the reasoning behind your support for it. But its not as simple as that. How much would it cost, for example, to insure all the people out on the streets?

And what about the people who already clean the streets, what will happen to them?

I don't know about your area but we have a street cleaner that cleans the high street and the rest of the town is a tip, I’m sure the lad that cleans the street now would love to supervise a gang of street cleaner.

Yes I learned my financial expertise from you. You're always making things up about your finances.

I bet you're cacking yourself, you'll have to work for your Jobseekers soon...:D

Nope, you have no way off knowing about my finances so best not to comment on them, you will come un-stuck.:)

I on the other hand can prove that you made that tosh up about costing millions and only lasting eighteen months.:D

Nope, you have no way off knowing about my finances so best not to comment on them, you will come un-stuck.:)

I on the other hand can prove that you made that tosh up about costing millions and only lasting eighteen months.:D

Not only are you a wealthy land owner with flash cars and country homes but you also can see into the future, blimey how much did that crystal ball cost?:D

Archived