Making people work! rant

why do people slag the unemployed off? like i said no job is for a life time nowadays, its ok those who work saying let the lazy buxxers work but how would you feel if you worked hard for 30 years and then had to go litter picking at the side of the road because you had been made redundant, you would be well peeved off so just remember.

I think the point is that the unemployed are going to be treated like criminals, by making them do forced labour.

... which means he would be wrong. Criminals might have to do forced labour (community service), however, the unemployed wouldn't be forced into doing it. They can choose NOT do it (a byproduct might be no benefits... that isn't forced labour)

my piont is where are the jobs coming from? surely they cant make people do community hour cus there out of work its no crime and that keeping the community clean is paid for by council tax!

No one has suggested that it is a crime to be out of work, other than you and your bizarre comparisons. Have you thought that the more people out of work means that less people are paying council tax etc, hence less council tax money available to keep the community clean?

why do people slag the unemployed off? like i said no job is for a life time nowadays, its ok those who work saying let the lazy buxxers work but how would you feel if you worked hard for 30 years and then had to go litter picking at the side of the road because you had been made redundant, you would be well peeved off so just remember.

Who has suggested that jobs are for life? I've heard [the expression] it was used in the past, but it was ridiculous at best, if people really believed it.

Would I feel peeved cleaning litter if I was out of work and getting some of my bills and housing paid and receiving some income on top?

No. Not really.

I've done worse jobs that paid me. I'd probably quite like it, meeting people, feeling like I'm contributing to society and not being stuck in the flat/house that was being paid for me. And isn't it only 30 hours for one month? Crikey - bonus, I could keep my cannabis and illegal DVD business going too. :)

... which means he would be wrong. Criminals might have to do forced labour (community service), however, the unemployed wouldn't be forced into doing it. They can choose NOT do it (a byproduct might be no benefits... that isn't forced labour)

So people may as well commit petty crimes in order to make a living because if they get caught it just means that they will get the same treatment anyway - a bad propensity towards crime and against social cohesion if you ask me.

No one has suggested that it is a crime to be out of work, other than you and your bizarre comparisons. Have you thought that the more people out of work means that less people are paying council tax etc, hence less council tax money available to keep the community clean?

Then why not pay people a decent wage to do this work, then they will be able to contribute and have some self worth as well.

Who has suggested that jobs are for life? I've heard [the expression] it was used in the past, but it was ridiculous at best, if people really believed it.

Would I feel peeved cleaning litter if I was out of work and getting some of my bills and housing paid and receiving some income on top?

No. Not really.

I've done worse jobs that paid me.

So have I but at least I was paid a reasonable rate for doing it.

I'd probably quite like it, meeting people, feeling like I'm contributing to society and not being stuck in the flat/house that was being paid for me.

I'd rather be stuck in my house/flat than be put on parade for the bigots to sneer at and stigmatise me.

And isn't it only 30 hours for one month? Crikey - bonus, I could keep my cannabis and illegal DVD business going too. :)

Do you really believe that all unemployed people have illicit businesses and use/grow cannabis?:loopy:

Do you really believe that all unemployed people have illicit businesses and use cannabis?:loopy:

I'll respond in full tomorrow when it isn't light again.

:)

But I thought I'd point out that this was sarcastic, and aimed at an earlier sarcastic post. ;)

Night. xx

They get slagged cos a lot of them are fleecing the system and don't want work,how do you think people feel working all week and can't afford what people on benefits get,and yes it does happen.

the government says it is going to make people work, either get proper jobs or work in the community for there benefits,

And that is where it all falls apart...

If you are working then you are entitled to the minimum wage. It'll never happen. It's cheaper to leave people on benefits.

I think the point is that the unemployed are going to be treated like criminals, by making them do forced labour.

The unemployed, most of whom are unemployed through no fault of their own, have already been hugely stigmatised by a mass media campaign designed to divert attention away from the real villains of the current finnancial mess.

If the work is real and meaningful then it should be proper paid employment.

Let's give the unemployed some real help to get them back into work, not rubbish like this.

Giving them some work experience will help them get back into the routine of working; it will also give them a little pride when they see how clean the streets are. The public would be thankful that they are working to keep the streets tidy.

There is nothing wrong in dividing the money they receive by the minimum wage and making them work that amount of hours to receive it.

Giving them some work experience will help them get back into the routine of working; it will also give them a little pride when they see how clean the streets are. The public would be thankful that they are working to keep the streets tidy.

There is nothing wrong in dividing the money they receive by the minimum wage and making them work that amount of hours to receive it.

Don't talk rubbish, work experience?

the government says it is going to make people work, either get proper jobs or work in the community for there benefits, ok lets see,if you commit a crime you get community service, a way of paying back your wrong doings back to the community by working in the community for a court set amount of hours,fair do's. In our area it was announced that for every job vacancy there was 11 people claiming job seekers allowance, so that means that 10 people are going to get community hours? its no crime being out of work!! you might scoff being in full time employment but just remember no job is for life anymore, it might be you!! litter picking at the side of the road, shouldnt our council tax pay for that?

You are given more in benefits than you pay in tax, so your council tax doesn't pay for anything, you're a net drain on the system.

Stop whining and do some work for your money, or get a job.

Archived