Making people work! rant

Don't talk rubbish, work experience?

Nice pun:D but we shouldn't be talking about rubbish we should be giving the unemployed the opportunity to pick it up.

It's not like it is a punishment and the comparison to Community Payback doesn't work because they don't get any money in return.

It just shows how far wrong the welfare system has gone, people now think of it as a right to be paid money for doing nothing but signing on once every two weeks.

I had to sign on for a couple of months last year and I would have welcomed working for a few hours a week in exchange for the money I was getting. It doesn't have to be all picking up litter, either, that's not even what Community Payback do, there are alsorts of projects out there that need help.

It's not like it is a punishment and the comparison to Community Payback doesn't work because they don't get any money in return.

It just shows how far wrong the welfare system has gone, people now think of it as a right to be paid money for doing nothing but signing on once every two weeks.

I had to sign on for a couple of months last year and I would have welcomed working for a few hours a week in exchange for the money I was getting. It doesn't have to be all picking up litter, either, that's not even what Community Payback do, there are alsorts of projects out there that need help.

People on benefits will have to do it, or no benefits for 3 months or whatever... Which is not an option for people with families etc

people on community service do get something back... They still get benefits if they claim them.

If it ever was implemented I don't see a difference between the two myself... Except you don't need a criminal record to take part in the benefits one. "Oh look at him cleaning the streets. Hes either a smack head burglar or a scrounger, har har har"

People on benefits will have to do it, or no benefits for 3 months or whatever... Which is not an option for people with families etc.

You mean people who aren't available for work then, and shouldn't be claiming those benefits anyway?

Community Payback don't get anything extra for the hours they do, and many of them work as well. The ones who are signing on would have to do the extra work as well, I pressume.

"Oh look at him cleaning the streets. Hes either a smack head burglar or a scrounger, har har har"

Or maybee he works for the council as a road sweeper.

Personally, I'd be happy to do it, I'd hate to just sit in the house all day every day with nothing to do.

Don't talk rubbish, work experience?

You don't think the unemployed would benefit from experiencing work?

As for the OP, I don't see anything bad about the idea, as long as the work they are given is in proportion to the money they get. I wouldn't expect somebody who recieves £50 a week to work £300 worth of labour for it.

Not quite sure what your point is? Could you clarify?

I believe he is pis sed off as he will soon have to work for his dole instead of sitting around all day.

I think he expects to be given money for free for life, and the lives of his offspring.

You mean people who aren't available for work then, and shouldn't be claiming those benefits anyway?

Community Payback don't get anything extra for the hours they do, and many of them work as well. The ones who are signing on would have to do the extra work as well, I pressume.

No, i mean for example, a man with a wife and 3 kids, just made redundant and claiming JSA for himself and his wife on a joint claim.

As for the other people who clean the streets for a living, are you telling me there is no difference in maybe uniform, between council workers and the community service workers?

Archived