Making people work! rant

You don't think the unemployed would benefit from experiencing work?

As for the OP, I don't see anything bad about the idea, as long as the work they are given is in proportion to the money they get. I wouldn't expect somebody who recieves £50 a week to work £300 worth of labour for it.

Of course they wouldn't benefit, what experience can you get by picking up litter?

How do you determine what £300 of labour is?

If they refuse to do community work in exchange for being given benefits, yes.

That’s going to far Cyclone, the claimants that refuse should be given three meals a day, porridge in the morning and lentil soup with a little bread for dinner and tea, which could be served in the local unemployment offices car park.

Of course they wouldn't benefit, what experience can you get by picking up litter?

How do you determine what £300 of labour is?

300 divided by minimum waged gives you the hours they do, and any work will help them get back into the routine of getting up and going to work.

300 divided by minimum waged gives you the hours they do, and any work will help them get back into the routine of getting up and going to work.

Thanks for that Carol Vorderman, I can't stop laughing.

That’s going to far Cyclone, the claimants that refuse should be given three meals a day, porridge in the morning and lentil soup with a little bread for dinner and tea, which could be served in the local unemployment offices car park.

It's novel idea, but I feel the tax payers would benefit better if the government benefit system stop giving money out, It would be far better to give food vouchers, rent & utilities to be paid direct from the benefits office, clothing supplied by charities or council run outlets, free local bus pass. Doing as such may motivate someone to actually go out & find work, they wouldn't have money to spend on alcohol, tobacco or nice expensive holidays, and any money earned through casual 'fiddle' work (if declared) should be deducted from their allowance.

I think they'd probably change there mind after going hungry for a few days, suddenly it wouldn't look like such a bad deal to do a bit of work.

the government says it is going to make people work, either get proper jobs or work in the community for there benefits, ok lets see,if you commit a crime you get community service, a way of paying back your wrong doings back to the community by working in the community for a court set amount of hours,fair do's. In our area it was announced that for every job vacancy there was 11 people claiming job seekers allowance, so that means that 10 people are going to get community hours? its no crime being out of work!! you might scoff being in full time employment but just remember no job is for life anymore, it might be you!! litter picking at the side of the road, shouldnt our council tax pay for that?

Dont think it's about the government 'making' people work is it? You could quite easily say I'm not working surely?

No one can force anyone to do anything in life really?

Archived