Why politicians get away with it.

According to polls, 1 in 5 women aged between 50 and 53 are still expecting to receive a state pension at 60. (Actual age will be 66.) It's not even like it's a long way off...

I wonder where they've been for the last few years? Don't they ever watch the news or read a newspaper?

I'm amazed at how little interest some people take in current affairs even when it affects them directly.

No wonder politicians get away with so much.

According to polls, 1 in 5 women aged between 50 and 53 are still expecting to receive a state pension at 60. (Actual age will be 66.) It's not even like it's a long way off...

I wonder where they've been for the last few years? Don't they ever watch the news or read a newspaper?

I'm amazed at how little interest some people take in current affairs even when it affects them directly.

No wonder politicians get away with so much.

This seems fair to me because there was no good reason to pay a women’s pension at an earlier age than a man.

This seems fair to me because there was no good reason to pay a women’s pension at an earlier age than a man.

And with life expectancy the way it is,to have a fair crack of the whip, men should be able to retire earlier than women.. :)

I don't think the OP was questioning the fairness, just the lack of awareness of women that they will have to wait.

But I agree, there was a need to equalise the pension age.

I don't think the OP was questioning the fairness, just the lack of awareness of women that they will have to wait.

But I agree, there was a need to equalise the pension age.

Exactly.

Women's pensions are just an example.

My point is how uninformed some people are. Even when if affects them directly. I would have thought that the recent austerity measures and political goings on would have woken everyone up, but there still seems to be a fair number just sleepwalking through life.

Exactly.

Women's pensions are just an example.

My point is how uninformed some people are. Even when if affects them directly. I would have thought that the recent austerity measures and political goings on would have woken everyone up, but there still seems to be a fair number just sleepwalking through life.

Why don't you just accept that the majority of people aren't interested in politics? It's not as if you can do anything about it, and whoever you vote for the policies would be the same so why get worked up?

Why don't you just accept that the majority of people aren't interested in politics? It's not as if you can do anything about it, and whoever you vote for the policies would be the same so why get worked up?

I don't really see it as political, more about being prepared for the future. I'm recently retired, and I was one of a generation who paid a reduced rate, or 'married woman's' NI stamp as a part time worker for a time. I wish I'd been more aware of the implications when I was younger, its meant less state pension for me!

Archived