SINGLE MUMS - struggling financially?

Single mums are apparently going to be the worst hit by Government cuts.

A report out today says they'll lose on average 8 and a half percent of their income.

They're not getting a job because they'll lose more by working!

Are you struggling?

What do you not understand about these two words, BIRTH CONTROL? :loopy:

A report out today says they'll lose on average 8 and a half percent of their income.

They're not getting a job because they'll lose more by working!

Are you struggling?

I am going to apologise now because i know people who post on this thread are not going to like this, but its just my opinion and i dont mean any malice. Most of my single parent friends work at least 16 hours and above each week they claim tax credits and in some cases housing benefit. Me i am a single person no children i am on a low wage but i am on the theshhold and unable to claim nothing. My friends who are single parents and work can afford much more than i can, they have at least 1 or 2 holidays a year, some have a car, they have nice cloths and the kids are all well fed and clothed etc etc, how can that be i dont know, i know i would be better off as a single working parent but i dont have children by choice. Then there is the single parents who dont work, ok so you dont have much money, you say single parents are better off on benefits but why should people like myself and single working parents pay our taxes to keep people on benefits of any kind including those with children. I could go on, its not a personal thing against any indivdual its just how i see it. I do think there should be state pre schools which are free to low income families so they can go out to work, i like the working tax credits and the child tax credits because it allows people to work. just think the government needs to sort out child care which is expensive) also they could do with after school clubs which would help to.x

Single mums get paid loads anyway, hence why there are so many of them. Maybe they will think about protection now instead of popping out little Chardonay's.

Excuse me, I find your comments extremely ignorant. Maybe you men should get castrated?? Stop making presumptions that women 'plan' on being single parents. It's not an easy path and I can't imagine anyone would 'choose' this with or without financial help.

As Jezza would say, 'put something on the end of it'. Men are equally responsible - perhaps you would react differently if the child was automatically given to the father, not the mother. Bet you'd be more careful then about where you dipped your wick.

Excuse me, I find your comments extremely ignorant. Maybe you men should get castrated?? Stop making presumptions that women 'plan' on being single parents. It's not an easy path and I can't imagine anyone would 'choose' this with or without financial help.

As Jezza would say, 'put something on the end of it'. Men are equally responsible - perhaps you would react differently if the child was automatically given to the father, not the mother. Bet you'd be more careful then about where you dipped your wick.

Have you been on the Manor or the Cross recentley??

I was 50% responsible for the appearance of my son, my wife and I paid for his upbringing, I can't recall the likes of you lending a helping hand. You guys are a real problem during these difficult times, I can't see why the likes of me should pick up the tab for a couple of daft kids who both appear to find BIRTH CONTROL too difficult to comprehend. :huh:

I was 50% responsible for the appearance of my son, my wife and I paid for his upbringing, I can't recall the likes of you lending a helping hand. You guys are a real problem during these difficult times, I can't see why the likes of me should pick up the tab for a couple of daft kids who both appear to find BIRTH CONTROL too difficult to comprehend. :huh:

Likes of ME?? Me who works full time to bring up my son and always has done?! Don't insult my intelligence. I probably pay far more tax then you do which goes towards others who aren't as fortunate to be able to work. Some people don't start out as single parents, it just works out that way.

If these feral mothers realise that banging out 3 or 4 kids as a hobby to get more welfare won't do them any good then i am in favour of it. Maybe the next generation might think twice before getting sweaty under the sheets. I doubt it :D

Accidents can happen yes but many girls do 'choose' to become single parents by having unprotected sex - they know the consequences.

They have a choice - sort out contraception themselves, or if they can't be bothered to do that, then they could say to the man 'no, you're not 'dipping your wick' unless you are wearing a condom'.

Maybe a little off topic but as a soon to be dad would the government not be better looking at the system as a whole.The first thing would be limit the amount of children that get support say to the first 2 to try and stop the amount of people using children as pay cheques.I know 2 such people that have multiple kids just for the money and a free house.I would not cut child tax I would also put national minimum wage up to £6.50 and not tax for people earning less than £13000 that would take loads of low wage parents off the bread line.

Archived