SINGLE MUMS - struggling financially?

Likes of ME?? Me who works full time to bring up my son and always has done?! Don't insult my intelligence. I probably pay far more tax then you do which goes towards others who aren't as fortunate to be able to work. Some people don't start out as single parents, it just works out that way.

How much tax do I pay by the way? :loopy:

As for your last sentence, BIRTH CONTROL, look it up. :rolleyes:

Maybe a little off topic but as a soon to be dad would the government not be better looking at the system as a whole.The first thing would be limit the amount of children that get support say to the first 2 to try and stop the amount of people using children as pay cheques.I know 2 such people that have multiple kids just for the money and a free house.I would not cut child tax I would also put national minimum wage up to £6.50 and not tax for people earning less than £13000 that would take loads of low wage parents off the bread line.

Congrad on the expected new arrival. :thumbsup:

I would like to see myself more pressure on the single mums to improve their chances to get re employed when there child goes back to school, they have access to free adult education, they should have a careers chat, like you had to when at school setting out goals, on what you want to achieve and support on how to do it.

That way we could end up with single mums who are on benefits then changing career and maybe becoming a self employed Hairdresser, or even a nurse, would be nice to know that tax payers money was spent to educate people to better their life and childs future.

Excuse me, I find your comments extremely ignorant. Maybe you men should get castrated?? Stop making presumptions that women 'plan' on being single parents. It's not an easy path and I can't imagine anyone would 'choose' this with or without financial help.

Some women do. Not all, but some do. In the early 1990s I was at school with two girls who got pregnant deliberately to be able to move out of their parents' houses. They made a very conscious decision to be single parents and live off benefits, and I doubt they are the only ones ever to make that decision.

Congrad on the expected new arrival. :thumbsup:

I would like to see myself more pressure on the single mums to improve their chances to get re employed when there child goes back to school, they have access to free adult education, they should have a careers chat, like you had to when at school setting out goals, on what you want to achieve and support on how to do it.

That way we could end up with single mums who are on benefits then changing career and maybe becoming a self employed Hairdresser, or even a nurse, would be nice to know that tax payers money was spent to educate people to better their life and childs future.

I like the idea but unfortunatly, I can't see it working. When the child is coming up to school age, they'll just get knocked up again to maintain their lifestyle.

Like I said there seems to be a lot of single parents where I live that openly say they had children for financial gain may be s6 is not the same as other areas but if people are doing this to get out of work then DNA should be used to make the other person more accountable not tax payers.

restrictions on the number of children you can have support for.....hmmmm i think there is a chance that the number of abortions will go up which is tragic.

i work full time in a good job, recieve tax credits and child benefit but absolutley diddley squat from dad. he is 'unemployed' so cannot contribute to feeding,clothing, transporting, entertaining, other living costs etc his daughter. but wants to make out he is the best dad ever...blah blah blah

I cannot maintain this for much longer and really dont knw what will happen - there is so much more to this which I wont bore you with. but there are so many single parents who struggle for more reasons that anything the goverment does - simply getting help from the absent parent should be enough - if you can get it. I dont get anything more to make up the lack of maintenance...

should i spit out a few more kids,(fathered by men who can hold down a job) pack in my job etc - it apears to be the way ahead...

Jennie, I also pay a lot of tax, possibly more than you. Having read some of these posts I think the overall concensus of opinion is that there has been, and still is, a culture of young ladies allowing dipping of wicks in order to obtain financial gain. There are, however, a lot of young ladies out there who are very sensible and refrain from bareback wick dipping antics as they do have scruples and morals. The posts from what I have read are not tarring all girls with the same brush, so in the immortal words of Michael Winner (& DaveBoy Cameron) "CALM DOWN DEAR !":D

How much tax do I pay by the way? :loopy:

As for your last sentence, BIRTH CONTROL, look it up. :rolleyes:

I've never had you down as a nasty person, crookesey, did you misread what Jennie80 wrote?

If you or your wife had died, the survivor would have become a single parent. Would you then think (assuming you'd been the survivor) that birth control should have been used instead of having your kids? :huh:

It used to be unmarried mothers and divorced mothers and then we had to lump them all together and call them single parents...I brought my two children up as a single parent but I didn't set out to be. I was married to their dad before cicumstances changed and then I set out to bring them up as good as, if not better, than if he had been there.

I worked most of the time but it was still a struggle. Being a single parent can happen to anybody for many reasons. A few years ago though I would have put up any argument for them but now I see babies being used for some young girls to get just what they want.

Archived