Union leaders lead the high life..

Companies and/or employers find it easier to react quickly to changes in markets, etc without Union interference.

If a company needs to downsize, etc then this is achieved more quickly and with less fuss when unions aren't involved (considering legal minimums, etc for redundancy) and this allows the company to get back on track earlier.

All workers are fully employed undertaking work for the company rather than union work and non-unionised companies benefit from greater prodictivity.

If the above happens then companies perform better and the workers benefit.

The points you have made all illustrate how union membership BENEFITS workers. You are saying that unions are a hindrance to management, by sticking up for what is in their memberships interests.

What's wrong is that they're usually enjoying champagne and the better things in life with other people's hard earned :D

That only makes sense in the same way it applies to anyone that is paid for delivering a service whether that be a chief executive or a shop keeper.

Companies and/or employers find it easier to react quickly to changes in markets, etc without Union interference.

If a company needs to downsize, etc then this is achieved more quickly and with less fuss when unions aren't involved (considering legal minimums, etc for redundancy) and this allows the company to get back on track earlier.

All workers are fully employed undertaking work for the company rather than union work and non-unionised companies benefit from greater prodictivity.

If the above happens then companies perform better and the workers benefit.

Yeah right

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pxUCHBQm18

lol

The points you have made all illustrate how union membership BENEFITS workers. You are saying that unions are a hindrance to management, by sticking up for what is in their memberships interests.

No. My points illustrate that business is more flexible and therefore beneficial to it's employees without Unions.

Increased productivity also benefits the company and therefore the workers.

Perhaps you's like to illustrate exactly why unions are better for workers than not !!

I dont think that just because people are not in a union, that it means they do not agree with union principles, more of a case saving a few pounds a week for the kids clothes..

i noticed no one has answered my question, so i will repeat it

Do you think the average worker is better off not being in a union..?

Yes because the ones that aren’t in the union don't contribute to their wealthy leaders.

Other than that small amount I don’t think there is any difference. The unions were a good thing in the past and did help to get better employment conditions unfortunately that made the UK uncompetitive with countries like china that don’t enjoy the same conditions.

We have employment law and many organisations that will give advice to anyone with employment difficulties. Out of my 30 years of work I only spent 3 years in an organisation that had a union. I never had any dealing with them but some of the staff did go on strike but didn’t get what they wanted, they eventually settled for the pay rise that had been on offer from the start. It was a public sector role and it opened my eyes to the amount of money they wasted.

Why, just because I get annoyed when stupid people blindly follow these clowns without questioning what they're doing with Union funds ??

You have it the the wrong way around, union leaders are led by their membership. They have to remain accountable or they wouldn't be elected.

As for what they are doing with union funds.... as others have pointed out that is determined by Union Conferences. Union leaderships powers are limited by democratic accountability.

Archived