Union leaders lead the high life..

I know what it's all about.

I have done 31 years and last year (30 years) I got nothing. In our overseas offices the staff get a new watch (generally a TAG) for 15 years and another for 25 years but in the UK not even a 'congratulations' !!!

I know how the OP feels !!!

Poor Expat owl has worked for the same company for 31 years and he's not even got so much as a thank you from his bosses. Just because you work for a company that takes you for granted doesn't mean we all have to you miserable sod.

Poor Expat owl has worked for the same company for 31 years and he's not even got so much as a thank you from his bosses. Just because you work for a company that takes you for granted doesn't mean we all have to you miserable sod.

Oh well spotted that man !!

Yep, one complaint but 31 years service. Excellent working conditions, world travel all at business class, Non-contributary, final salary pension in 5 years and a very comfortable salary thankyou !!

I'm a real miserable sod !!

German and Japanese unions who looked after their workers not UK unions who overpriced our businesses and only looked at very short term gains and ultimately lost the lot.

I agree that some overseas unions are very good and I've dealt with a number of them. Sadly we're talking about UK unions who are not very good !!

So you are retracting the vast majority of your contributions to this thread. Describing for example:

The whole union system is a complete disgrace run by either a complete bully or a committee of crybabies.

Was in fact false and not what you meant to be saying at all.

What weight should we put on your comments when you haven't been saying what you have meant?.... Not much I would have thought. :hihi:

Yep, one complaint but 31 years service. Excellent working conditions, world travel all at business class, Non-contributary, final salary pension in 5 years and a very comfortable salary thankyou !!

I'm a real miserable sod !!

You are, if after all that you are complaining about not getting a stupid watch lol

So you are retracting the vast majority of your contributions to this thread. Describing for example:

Was in fact false and not what you meant to be saying at all.

What weight should we put on your comments when you haven't been saying what you have meant?.... Not much I would have thought. :hihi:

The original examples provided were all related to UK. The comments you quote re 'the whole Union system' weren't mine and were posted by ECCOnoob and not by me so your post is incorrect and redundant.

Yep, one complaint but 31 years service. Excellent working conditions, world travel all at business class, Non-contributary, final salary pension in 5 years and a very comfortable salary thankyou

Really, bit different to what you said here.

Not a troll, just a private sector worker who has been through redundancy, who doesn't get a parking permit or a subsistence allowance. I don't get paid for overtime and my pension isn't worth anything. I haven't had a pay-rise for three years either !!

Post number seven on this thread.

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?p=7447289#post7447289

Really, bit different to what you said here.

All true !! I do work private sector, and was redundant 32 years ago.I don't get get a parking permit or a subsistence allowance and I don't get paid for overtime. My pension could be better considering London costs and prices even though it's final salary and I haven't had a pay-rise for three years !!

Want to know anything else.

:hihi::hihi::hihi: Brilliant!!! - thought I had a good memory!!!:hihi::hihi::hihi::D

Jackanory tells the story!:cool:

Archived