All it takes is belief.

Your memory serves you well...

...Alas, I cannot say the same for your depth of understanding. ;)

Serves me well enough to see through your pretentious condescending self-help shtick. ;)

Where you see "spirits" I see spirit...meditate on it.

I don't see spirits, they don't exist. The word is sometimes useful as a metaphor for feelings and emotions we don't fully understand/are too complex to put into language properly, but no more than that.

Serves me well enough to see through your pretentious condescending self-help shtick. ;)

I don't see spirits, they don't exist. The word is sometimes useful as a metaphor for feelings and emotions we don't fully understand/are too complex to put into language properly, but no more than that.

I don't think Swami is talking about ghosts.

All human beings are of equal importance and all have their own paths to travel.

The spiritual life is the real life...all else is illusion and deception. Only those who live up to the highest light live in true harmony and all who act upon their highest motivations can become a power for good.

I have a couple of problems with this bit.

There's no evidence at all to suggest a "spiritual life is the real life", only that REAL life is the real life. As shown in several religious-topic threads on here, SOME "spiritual" people don't see all human beings of equal importance and actually try to STEER them onto other paths.

If "all else is illusion and deception" then who is creating the illusion and deception? And why would they do such a thing?

"Only those who live up to the highest light live in true harmony" ?

I don't think that's true. Actually I think it's an oxymoron. Harmony is living in balance, right? If you "live up to the highest light" then you are way over on one side. If you live your life whiter than white (or lighter than light) you will be abstaining from a lot of fun, which will do your harmony no favours.

I'm a believer in balance and harmony, we all have our vices and as long as they harm nobody they are there to be enjoyed in moderation. You gotta have a little dark with your light for true harmony ;)

We are agreed on that point alone.

You are entitled to believe what you want Jimmy...just like the rest of us. :)

I have a couple of problems with this bit.

There's no evidence at all to suggest a "spiritual life is the real life", only that REAL life is the real life. As shown in several religious-topic threads on here, SOME "spiritual" people don't see all human beings of equal importance and actually try to STEER them onto other paths.

If "all else is illusion and deception" then who is creating the illusion and deception? And why would they do such a thing?

"Only those who live up to the highest light live in true harmony" ?

I don't think that's true. Actually I think it's an oxymoron. Harmony is living in balance, right? If you "live up to the highest light" then you are way over on one side. If you live your life whiter than white (or lighter than light) you will be abstaining from a lot of fun, which will do your harmony no favours.

I'm a believer in balance and harmony, we all have our vices and as long as they harm nobody they are there to be enjoyed in moderation. You gotta have a little dark with your light for true harmony ;)

Re my bold.

I have the evidence of my own experience on a moment to moment basis.

I am not a religous person. Religion is the frozen thought of men out of which they build temples.

As for illusion and deception...it's all around you. We create it ourselves. :)

Archived