All it takes is belief.

From your explanation so far then, it just sounds like how a lot of people already live.

(definitely not ALL people though!)

Yes, really. I'm just asking questions, which you're still not answering.

Fair enough. NOW can you please explain these illusions?

I don't know anything about you. How do you possibly expect me to tell you what illusions you have?

You see me as obtuse and evasive because you don't see that it doesn't work like that...it isn't one mass illusion...it's down to the individual and his or her own, unique illusions.

We all have them...me included. I have no intention of asking you to reveal your life in intimate detail on here anymore than I would reveal my own.

Swami, you're being passive aggressive with your posting. Posting vague responses to Root's posts and deliberately not responding to his direct questions isn't indicative of an enlightened person, or of a higher consciousness...

We've agreed on much in the past but few people in the West understand a fragment of what you're saying and you're just coming across as being vague, weird, and deliberately difficult.

This is a forum; it doesn't deal in vaguary. Most of your comments are wasted, but if you are intent on making them, you at least need the substance to back it up by setting an example for others.

I'm not being purposely vague I can assure you. I remember who I was when I was first introduced to these concepts and the responses I've had thus far are nothing compared to what I used to say about them. I was hostile to them and extremely so. They challenged everything I thought I knew and the values I held. Not many of us feel secure when someone says you have illusions so I can understand the need for "self protection." I've been there and it hurts.

I don't know anything about you. How do you possibly expect me to tell you what illusions you have?

You see me as obtuse and evasive because you don't see that it doesn't work like that...it isn't one mass illusion...it's down to the individual and his or her own, unique illusions.

We all have them...me included. I have no intention of asking you to reveal your life in intimate detail on here anymore than I would reveal my own.

How odd, you don't know anything about me yet you seem to be able to read my thoughts (incorrectly). Or are you just assuming that's what I think of you?

Anyway, if these illusions are unique to individuals and you don't know what mine are, how do you know that I have any at all? What I'm saying is, where do you get this knowledge from? It's a direct question, a simple one too.

I'm not being purposely vague I can assure you. I remember who I was when I was first introduced to these concepts and the responses I've had thus far are nothing compared to what I used to say about them. I was hostile to them and extremely so. They challenged everything I thought I knew and the values I held. Not many of us feel secure when someone says you have illusions so I can understand the need for "self protection." I've been there and it hurts.

I know this was in response to Karis, but I'm asking you, simply, to just explain these illusions and this "self-protection" to me.

Unlike you were, I'm NOT being hostile and I'm trying to find out more about it.

I think you need some perspective. You're preaching positivity and yet you are the one holding back. Does that sound like the attitude of an enlightened being? You're sounding a lot more like the devout who say "love thy neighbour" and promptly attack the next person who disagrees with them.

My point: you are making statements about living a better life, yet you're withholding information and not at all practicing what you preach (at the very least you're passively creating conflict, which should be the last thing you want to be involved in). You should at least be explaining yourself to those who clearly don't understand your words - especially when asked on several occasions.

I personally think you're on to a losing streak making these posts on here; it's a forum and your light and good deeds are best served in the real world.

Edit: Added one of these to show this post was made postitively::love:

How odd, you don't know anything about me yet you seem to be able to read my thoughts (incorrectly). Or are you just assuming that's what I think of you?

Anyway, if these illusions are unique to individuals and you don't know what mine are, how do you know that I have any at all? What I'm saying is, where do you get this knowledge from? It's a direct question, a simple one too.

I know this was in response to Karis, but I'm asking you, simply, to just explain these illusions and this "self-protection" to me.

Unlike you were, I'm NOT being hostile and I'm trying to find out more about it.

Now that is something I can bore you with for days...how long have you got? :)

I'm not going to fob you off with that though. :D

I was first made aware of what a Swami was over 25 years ago. As I've said, I scoffed and filed it under "Hippy trippy crap."

Some years later I met some friends I hadn't seen in years and found they were into a "new age guru." They gave me a book of discourses given by him and suddenly a lot of lights went on. I felt like I was having every question I'd ever asked myself being answered. I joined and became a disciple.

3 years later I left to find my own way.

Since then I gain knowledge everywhere I can. I actively seek it in everything I do. I have something to learn from every person I meet during any given day. I try to see the best in everybody.

I read books and articles that deal with spiritual topics by authors I come across or have recommended to me. I have a massive catalogue of people giving lectures on film. Tony Robbins and Dr Wayne Dyer are two good places for you to start. :)

On the question of my response to Karis.

I cannot explain to you about the illusions you have for reasons I've already explained.

"Self Protection" is easier to explain. If we feel we are being attacked we will protect ourselves.

I wasn't reading your mind RootsBooster. You told me yourself. You've told me I'm being evasive all the way through the thread for the most part and even suggested I don't know what I'm talking about. If I've misunderstood what you wrote I apologise unreservedly. :)

I think you need some perspective. You're preaching positivity and yet you are the one holding back. Does that sound like the attitude of an enlightened being? You're sounding a lot more like the devout who say "love thy neighbour" and promptly attack the next person who disagrees with them.

My point: you are making statements about living a better life, yet you're withholding information and not at all practicing what you preach (at the very least you're passively creating conflict, which should be the last thing you want to be involved in). You should at least be explaining yourself to those who clearly don't understand your words - especially when asked on several occasions.

I personally think you're on to a losing streak making these posts on here; it's a forum and your light and good deeds are best served in the real world.

Edit: Added one of these to show this post was made postitively::love:

I've told RootsBooster everything I can tell him about illusions without meeting him personally or getting into very personal details on an open forum.

I'm more than happy to sit down with him over a beer and discuss it face to face if he wishes to pursue his interest.

You have made a good point about my posting threads on here that appear arcane and couched in riddles..."vagueries" I think you called them.

I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but I don't post for those people. I post because there will be at least one person out there who recognises something in what I'm saying and will be encouraged to seek their own path.

Please tell me where I attacked anyone. :)

And last, but by no means least...where did you get the idea that I was an enlightened being? That made me laugh out loud.

Archived