Law on defacing Uk Coins

I thought it was illegal to damage or deface British coins so I was surprised to see a machine at the entrance to the Millenium Galleries for stamping coins to impress a new logo on them. I've seen these machines in the States before, but never here and I thought that was because they are illegal.

Does anyone know the truth of the matter?

I thought it was illegal to damage or deface British coins so I was surprised to see a machine at the entrance to the Millenium Galleries for stamping coins to impress a new logo on them. I've seen these machines in the States before, but never here and I thought that was because they are illegal.

:lol: :lol:

seriously?

Are you sure they don’t buy a “coin” to put in the machine.

it strikes me as a fairly victimless crime - is it really illegal?

Archived