Does anyone have any interesting Ghost Stories?

Lucy21

Hello,

Does anyone have any interesting ghost stories which they would be willing to share with me for a radio project I am working on? I have put a post about this in General Chat but thought that I may get more responce from here, if anyone has already read it.

I would be grateful for any stories that anyone is willing to share!

hi i work in a care home on upwell lane known as the old bowling green pub hotel and it is haurted only have a few storys to tell please fill free to contact me:)

hiya when i was about 5 so my mum tells me we ( me my mum,dad and older brother) were driving down stocksbridge bypass heading to glossop for a day out when i turned to my dad , pointed to the pylon and said " i dance round there with my kids at night" needless to say my dad absolutley kacked his self turned the car round and took us all home. it still sends shivers down my spine just thinking about it!!! :/

:o i was born in hallemshire nursing home in the 50s and my mum used to tell me about one night after she had me, she was having trouble trying to sleep ,when she saw a lady dressed in a long gown stood at the foot of the bed, then she turned and went through a door at the far side of the room. mum said she spent rest of night hidden under bed clothes and found out following day there had been door once on that side of room :help:

A colleauge of mine was driving home to Swinton via Kilnhurst with her husband late at night. As they came over the bridge near the Ship inn.They both saw in front of them in the road, an object or part of one about 5/6 foot high. It was tan and brown and glossy and was moving across the road. They got out and looked at it as it disappeared. They thought it was part of a horse.

When they told relatives of what they'd seen they were told that cart horses used to cross the road at that point to load barges on the wharf years ago...

not realy but lately a picture on stairs keeps falling and a candle of fire place was other side of room other day had lots of bumps and bangs in this house .?

one night had a helium filled ballon in room wife kids in bed wilst i watched tv the ballon came down of ceiling and floted in middle of room {didnt think much of it} untill it the moved to the next room {then I thought thats weird } so as I stand it then moves to the kitchen then on to open door to hall way {at this point I was like wtf ? } then it slowly went up the stairs to hover out side my wifes bedroom I woke them and they say oh it must be heat pushing it.. but to see my home with all the twists and turns it made to get to where it was was weird also it didnt float at roof hight it was middle hight and never touched a wall ....

now I dont belive in any of this stuff but that was hard to explain and weird to watch being a none beliver I also put it down to heat in room makeing it travel ....but to pass all the turns and rooms it did without bumping a door fram or wall realys was a little out there .

not realy but lately a picture on stairs keeps falling and a candle of fire place was other side of room other day had lots of bumps and bangs in this house .?

one night had a helium filled ballon in room wife kids in bed wilst i watched tv the ballon came down of ceiling and floted in middle of room {didnt think much of it} untill it the moved to the next room {then I thought thats weird } so as I stand it then moves to the kitchen then on to open door to hall way {at this point I was like wtf ? } then it slowly went up the stairs to hover out side my wifes bedroom I woke them and they say oh it must be heat pushing it.. but to see my home with all the twists and turns it made to get to where it was was weird also it didnt float at roof hight it was middle hight and never touched a wall ....

now I dint believe in any of this stuff but that was hard to explain and weird to watch being a none believer I also put it down to heat in room making it travel ....but to pass all the turns and rooms it did without bumping a door frame or wall really was a little out there .

hiya, some years back one night i woke and thought i saw my granddaughter standing at the door of our bedroom, so i said what are you doing here,at the time she lived in alder-shot she was about 6years old, i tried to put the bedside light on and in doing so knocked the lamp over, by this time the little girl had turned and went away, after when i managed to put the light on i realised it could have been my other granddaughter who was stillborn the year after the 6 year was born they, i think, would have looked alike,

another was a place on Norton lane i think at one time was a post office well when we were working nearby one chap said it was haunted by way of when anyone put curtains or blinds up to the up-stair window they always fell down no matter how they were put up,

another a workmate who lived at the bottom of Norfolk park in a tower block., told us one night he couldn't sleep around 4am when he saw a woman in a long flowing dress and when he was watching she slowly disappeared

Hello,

Does anyone have any interesting ghost stories which they would be willing to share with me for a radio project I am working on? I have put a post about this in General Chat but thought that I may get more responce from here, if anyone has already read it.

I would be grateful for any stories that anyone is willing to share!

Do you think it likely Lucy that anyone seeing ghosts is, well , "Sound as a Pound"?

• 1 month later...

Workers in Castle Market are reporting strange early morning sightings of a women who is dressed in leather clothes.

A security man has been of work due to stress following night time happenings.

The woman apparently has no face!

Archived