Should teenagers be in the Armed Forces.

Not forgetting paid holidays for the gardeners and contractors who do all that work currently.

Not too many working on graffiti removal though . More than likely manpower issues and cost make it prohibitive for councils to fund.

With prison inmates there is a large pool of very cheap labour

Graffiti removal is a growth industry.

I dont know what a "growth industry" is but at present graffiti is a growth that has become increasingly pervasive in most major cities around the world.

I like Singapore's way of dealing with taggers but what Singapore does is not considered acceptable by other societies.

I dont know about the UK but public service employes in the US are far too well paid to waste their time on such tedious work as graffiti removal. Their services are needed elsewhere such as in street and sewer maintenance, electric power and waterworks maintenance and upgrades etc etc that require skills and knowledge in accordance with their pay scales.

Maybe if these prison inmates did spend time in removing graffiti and painting walls they might just begin to learn what the words "work ethic" mean

Being an old soldier myself the last thing an army needs is society's riff raff.

The army is not a dumping ground

Let em serve time in prison and work 10 hours a day on graffiti removal and doing garden maintenance for seniors who can no longer do it themsleves

Yeah but they'd be good at catching bullets

Paul Hardcastle composed a song that said the average age of a US soldier in Vietnam was 19.

If it is so that due to advancements in brain scanning we're finding that the human brain isn't fully developed until a person hits their 20s then should teenagers be allowed in the armed services?

Source.

Wouldn't we have more efficient armies if the minimum battle age was 21? Perhaps recruit at the same age but concentrate on training and studying before fighting.

Or

Is it a good thing to have soldiers that physically struggle to make decisions? Perhaps they follow orders better.

Anyone who wants to join the army should be allowed!

I dont know what a "growth industry" is but at present graffiti is a growth that has become increasingly pervasive in most major cities around the world.

It's an industry that is a way short of fulfilling its potential and one for whom the volume of business is rising.

I like Singapore's way of dealing with taggers but what Singapore does is not considered acceptable by other societies.

Which other societies would find your views unacceptable?

I dont know about the UK but public service employes in the US are far too well paid to waste their time on such tedious work as graffiti removal.

They don't. They will be working for private grafitti removal services and working for cleaning equipment and chemical manufacturers, who are much in demand.

Their services are needed elsewhere such as in street and sewer maintenance, electric power and waterworks maintenance and upgrades etc etc that require skills and knowledge in accordance with their pay scales.

Hence the growth of private grafitti and gum removal firms

Maybe if these prison inmates did spend time in removing graffiti and painting walls they might just begin to learn what the words "work ethic" mean

Hardworking criminals? - I'd rather have lazy, stay at home ones.

Archived