Would solar panels put you off buying?

Would you buy a house with a solar panel scheme?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy a house with a solar panel scheme?

• Free electric? That's the one I'm buying! Bin the others!
    • I'd be happy to take over the contract, if the small print is okay
    • Wouldn't put me off looking, but I'd want it removed before sale completion
    • Wouldn't even view a house with one (please tell why)
    • Who cares?

At and around the summer solstice in Sheffield there are 16 or more hours of daylight per day.

At and around the winter solstice in Sheffield there are less than 8 hours of daylight per day.

I agree with you that solar panels need bright light, but - given that there are less than half as many hours of daylight in winter - I don't undertand why you feel that solar panels produce the same amount in winter as they do in summer.

Errm, excuse me but nowhere in my post did I say that the panels produce the same amount in winter as they do in summer. You have simply misinterpreted what I have said. Of course they don't produce as much, I'm not thick and I have an energy monitor as well as an online facility to see what my panels are producing. The point I was making is that they still produce quite well in the winter depending on the type of day and 16kw hours in one day in December is rather astonishing I think you will agree.

Archived