Picture Framing Shop

• 3 years later...

Someone must remember it ?

If you ever came out of the accident and emergency entrance of the Royal Hospital, walked towards Devonshire Street and then in the direction of Fitzwilliam Street, you would have passed it on the other side of the road.

The directories I have between the 1920s and the 1950s show "Frank Newell, picture frame maker" at 109-111 Devonshire Street. From about the early 1960s the premises were taken over by Ellis, Son & Paramore Ltsd., surgical appliance makers. The deaths index shows that Frank Newell, born c. 1890, died in April-June 1964 Here is a link to a photo on the picturesheffield.com site showing Frank Newell's double-fronted shop..:)

• 6 years later...
On 11/07/2014 at 20:48, hillsbro said:

The directories I have between the 1920s and the 1950s show "Frank Newell, picture frame maker" at 109-111 Devonshire Street. From about the early 1960s the premises were taken over by Ellis, Son & Paramore Ltsd., surgical appliance makers. The deaths index shows that Frank Newell, born c. 1890, died in April-June 1964 Here is a link to a photo on the picturesheffield.com site showing Frank Newell's double-fronted shop..:)

This was my  farther   shop I was born and lived there till I was 11

Michaels is your go-to frame store for thousands of picture frames in every shape and style to protect and showcase your favorite photos, mementos, documents, and more. Our selection includes table frames for your desk and end tables and wall frames to complete your gallery wall or add a focal piece to any space.

الخسارة