Charge for using debit card

nothing to do with making a fast buck, credit card co,s charge the retailer a percentage for every transaction so in a local shop the profit margin will be small so there is the charge for a debit or credit card, otherwise not worth the sale.

banks have charged companies for just about all banking services from day one, this is another charge on top.

My local Premiere shop has started charging 50p for using a debit card, even iff you spend £10 or more, which I used to do. I like supporting my local shops, but this one can sod off now.

you could always pay in cash

its very easy to do

My local Premiere shop has started charging 50p for using a debit card, even iff you spend £10 or more, which I used to do. I like supporting my local shops, but this one can sod off now.

Maybe you'd prefer the shop to put up it's prices to take into account it's bank charge for the card transaction?

Maybe you'd prefer the shop to put up it's prices to take into account it's bank charge for the card transaction?

Someone has posted on here that banks don't charge for debit card transactions. Also, they have increased the wines and beer/fags that I buy as well!

Someone has posted on here that banks don't charge for debit card transactions. Also, they have increased the wines and beer/fags that I buy as well!

They do..this is why shops don't normally allow Debit card transactions below a certain amount..

banks might not charge an individual for using a debit card, however the shop keeper is charged.

for low value transactions the profit on the sale can be wiped out by the charge for accepting payment by card, so the shop keeper offsets this by charging an additional amount.

Archived