How to ask for a payrise?

its that time of year!!!

Only been with the company a year & a half

my work & figures are great..

Just need to know how would anyone out there ask for a raise with a scary director??

I'd use "Neil's" approach of a letter:

Darling fascist Bullyboy,

Give me some more money, you bas****.

Love

<Your name>

No guarantee it will work though:hihi:.

How do you think they are likely to react? Is it the sort of place were people who rock the boat don't last long? A formal performance review is probably the best way to bring it up but not every company does these.

its that time of year!!!

Only been with the company a year & a half

my work & figures are great..

Just need to know how would anyone out there ask for a raise with a scary director??

Prepare your case well, explain how (if) you have moved beyond your present job description, any new responsibililties?, look at other comparable roles and salaries that compare favourably and presnent all the facts to your boss, in a professional, non-emotive manner, at a pre-arranged time to suit you both - I wouldn't give them a figure - I'd see what they came back with - if you're not happy, let them know you think you're worth more, and then they'll realise you'll be looking elsewhere at more competitive salaries, so it'll be up to them how much they value you.

Archived