Why Don't Footballers Deserve so much money?

Would you turn down a footballers wages?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Would you turn down a footballers wages?

• yes i think its greedy
    • gimmie gimmie gimmie
    • unsure or don't care

So many people moan about the amount of money that footballers receive but can anyone on here honestly say that they would turn down such high wages?

I think not.

'hey you yes you do you want 100,000 pound a week to play football?'

'no thanks I will take a job at minimum wages ta'

Before we moan at others lets look at ourselves and simply ask. would I?

I remember reading an article a while ago, I think it was about Arshavin (Arsenal player)

He had transferred from his country to come and play in the English premier league, with the promise of wages that were twice what he was getting over there.

He didn't realise he would be getting about 50% of it taxed, and was getting paid less than he did at home :hihi:

I wouldn't turn it down but if all I did was run around a field in a silly haircut, I certainly wouldn't deserve it.

Took the words from my mouth =)

I'd definitely take the wages, play for a year or 2 then retire and spend the rest of my days doing sweet fa =)

But they don't deserve that much, not by a long shot. it'd be amazin if they passed a law capping all footballers at £1k a week, if they dont like it get down the jobcentre =) (although this would obviously result in a mass exodus of all the best players in the country)

(although this would obviously result in a mass exodus of all the best players in the country)

Maybe the unspent wages could go towards improving grass-root talent, eventually resulting in us getting a semi-decent team together for the World Cup?

Archived