Why Don't Footballers Deserve so much money?

Would you turn down a footballers wages?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Would you turn down a footballers wages?

• yes i think its greedy
    • gimmie gimmie gimmie
    • unsure or don't care

Of course they get paid too much, and more than they deserve, but if the clubs see fit to pay them so much, then let them. If they hadn't started paying huge wages, it wouldn't be the norm now.

If someone offered you a job as an accountant for £50,000 or in your local shop for £75,000 a week, as if you would turn it down, seriously.

i agree footballers are paid too much but no one mentions the wages actors/singers get . you cant tell me tom cruise deserves 40 million quid for poncin about on a film set for a couple of months

True true. It does always seem to be football that is used as an example, when there are plenty of other careers where people are paid these obscene amounts of money and more.

Why all the jealousy anyway? It's not like the taxpayer is funding footballer's wages.

If you think Man Utd for example are paying their players too much then stop supporting Man Utd!

I agree, I won't support any of them for that very reason, why would I work hard just to help pay a footballer a fortune to kick a ball about. They deserve every penny that their supporters are prepared to pay them.:)

Footballers probably aren't that different from other professions. At the top level the best people in most industries get huge wages.

People tend to think of the "top level" of football as being the top three or four clubs, rather than considering the hundreds of thousands of people who play football at some level - mostly not even good enough to be paid at all - and considering the best couple of thousand of them as "top level."

Archived