Littlewoods Deliveries

I ordered my daughter a pair of trainers from Littlewoods yesterday morning.

It said 'Awaiting stock - delivery within 14 days' - So I assumed they were an item from the new catalogue range and didn't come into stock for another few days at least. I've had this happen a few times, and items take over a week to arrive. If the item says 'In stock' it generally arrives in 48 hours. Went ahead and placed the order, and it came up and said 'Delivery by 12/07/11.

Just tracked the other order that I made, which was in stock, and that has been received at Chesterfield Depot for delivery by Monday.

Also tracked the trainers, and they have been loaded on to the van at Chesterfield already. I'm not at home. They have special instructions to leave in a 'safe place' which isn't particularly safe, but they wanted me to name one when I opened the account, but don't you need to sign on delivery from Littlewoods? Will they leave the item in my 'safe place'? I can't change the delivery date now, as they're already on the van.

if u have given them permission to leave in a secure place then thats where they will leave them if ur not in, if not they will return them to depot and leave u a note sayin they tryed to deliever then u can just give them a quick call to rearrange the delivery

hope this helps =)

if they do leave them in this "safe place" but the item isn't there when u come to collect it then give them a call after 6 and they will resend the item to u as a good will gesture and remove the "safe place" off ur agreement,

this isnt a big problem as its happened to me several times, they like to leave em in ur blue bin like noone's gonna see em puttin packages in there

dont worrie about it 2 much u will still get ur item and only pay for it once as its the delivery drivers job to make sure u get ur items without and distress or upheavel =)

I have ordered with them a few times and always gave delivery instructions to leave in my shed or on the back porch but this never happens. They have ALWAYS left mine with a neighbour if I have not been in. Never had to re-arrange another delivery :)

I got home and its been left in the outbuilding which has no door but never mind :hihi:

Just saw postie across the road putting parcels in a neighbours blue bin though. Safe.

Better than what they do with mine still. They tend to knock, dump it on the doorstep and run off if they come in the van. Don't wait for me to open the door or check if I'm in.

I wonder why they deliver to bins? Over the years we have had an Xbox360 (from Amazon) left in the blue bin, also an M&S leather coat, the entire school uniform from truetex (5x trousers,6 shirts, 2 blazers, and PE kit etc £280) and lots of random bits and bobs. I received them all, none went missing but I still don't like the thought of my new stuff being in the bin :(

I always think one day they will leave something in the bin and sods law will kick in and the bin men will collect the bin and empty it.... I normally forget to leave it out for them half the time and I'm sure the day they decide to be kind and fetch it, it will have some goodies in! :D

I wonder why they deliver to bins? Over the years we have had an Xbox360 (from Amazon) left in the blue bin, also an M&S leather coat, the entire school uniform from truetex (5x trousers,6 shirts, 2 blazers, and PE kit etc £280) and lots of random bits and bobs. I received them all, none went missing but I still don't like the thought of my new stuff being in the bin :(

I always think one day they will leave something in the bin and sods law will kick in and the bin men will collect the bin and empty it.... I normally forget to leave it out for them half the time and I'm sure the day they decide to be kind and fetch it, it will have some goodies in! :D

You'll be surprisd how many people do request for parcels to be left in bins, I'm always writing notes of the boxes for the driver for this request then we get people calling up saying their parcels have been thrown away by the dustmen and want a refund! :hihi:

Archived