Glastonbury! .

Having played everything from the music of the fabulous 60s to Orchestral music on the 'Royal Festival Hall' and the restored Curium Ampitheatre (Cyprus), resident in a Jazz Club, resident musiciamn supporting artistes, Rock, Pop, Blues, Country etc and still playing I'd hardly call that narrow.

It is just that I don't swallow the shallow standards that dosxuk would have us believe are acceptable today.

No doubt in a short while if dosxuk has his way we'll be paying to see videos without the actual so called "stars" leaving home because it looks and sounds just like the promo vidoe..

Rubbish

So can you tell me which backing tracks I heard on the Crosby, Stills & Nash concert that I attended in 2009, or the Eagles at SF Arena?

The Moody Blues played Live the twice I saw them at the City hall.

The Human League may well need assistance with their stage sound especialy the backing vocals but not musicians who proved their worth without techno aid.

see

out of the hundreds if not thousands of musical genres your limiting your self to a handful, suppose your one of these that hates dance, techno, trance, drum and bass etc music because its not music if it doesnt come from "real" instruments, hate that elitest crap

music is music, no matter how its made.

ive heard more emotional, rockin dance music than some punk or rock music

see

out of the hundreds if not thousands of musical genres your limiting your self to a handful, suppose your one of these that hates dance, techno, trance, drum and bass etc music because its not music if it doesnt come from "real" instruments, hate that elitest crap

music is music, no matter how its made.

ive heard more emotional, rockin dance music than some punk or rock music

Seems you've totaly missed my point which is "If we're going to be conned with so called stars using their studio backing track on their so called live shows then it should be declared and made prominent on the blurb advertising the show as well as on the tickets"

Keep Music Live, If you're karaoke say so

How would you feel if the Halle Orchestra turned up at the City Hall with a few dozen Joe/Josephine Blogs pretending to play whilst you actualy listened to recordings because that is what you and certain others with shollow quality levels seem prepared to find acceptable?

suppose your one of these that hates dance, techno, trance, drum and bass etc music because its not music if it doesnt come from "real" instruments

Once again a misleading reply, I don't like being conned by second raters who are purely studio dependent even on their so called Live shows unless they state that they are using previously recorded backing tracks on their supposedly live concerts that's all. nothing elitist whatsoever.

A typical ploy to give the impression that it is live, one used by the 'Pet Shop Boys' when they first performed so called "live", mistakes were programmed in to make it appear live.

Were just entering levels of cynicism I've never seen before here.

I remember when I was in my late teens and early twenties arguing ferociously about this kind of thing, firmly in the indie camp of keepin it real man etc. Nowadays I concur with the others on here that music is simply art and as Alan Clark said in the great 'Civilisation' series it is supposed to be above politics and factionalism. I'm not into a lot of dance music or melody lacking grime but it gives a lot of pleasure to a lot of passionate fans. That which you don't like you don't listen to.

As for Beyonce there is no doubt it was a fantastic lungbusting and charismatic performance. The drummer and guitarist were certainly live not that I give a toss as it's a show not a muso conference. The main attraction is her and her voice.

Were just entering levels of cynicism I've never seen before here.

I remember when I was in my late teens and early twenties arguing ferociously about this kind of thing, firmly in the indie camp of keepin it real man etc. Nowadays I concur with the others on here that music is simply art and as Alan Clark said in the great 'Civilisation' series it is supposed to be above politics and factionalism. I'm not into a lot of dance music or melody lacking grime but it gives a lot of pleasure to a lot of passionate fans. That which you don't like you don't listen to.

As for Beyonce there is no doubt it was a fantastic lungbusting and charismatic performance. The drummer and guitarist were certainly live not that I give a toss as it's a show not a muso conference. The main attraction is her and her voice.

I fully agree. There was plenty of entertainment for anyone who paid their £195. Having paid £150 to see the Stones a few years back it represents fantastic value. The main thing about Glostonbury is you find yourself listening to music you would normally avoid...and dare I say appreciating it.

After 3 days of bands on various stages we left the Beyonce set because non of us were that keen and it was a good time to get in the exit line. Certainly the band were playing live and certainly an artiste of Beyones stature would employ the very best session men. Whilst we didn't "get it", there were thousands who did and the place was rocking. I suppose that's the whole point really. It isn't just the music. It isn't just the atmosphere. It isn't just the spectacle. It is the total vibe of the performance, and after 3 days were probably weren't quite up for it anymore.

Archived