Glastonbury! .

tell you what- i was there and i didn't care a jot if they playing live- it was still an amazing atmosphere no matter who was playing :)

And would you like to go to a Halle orchestra concert only to find them pretending to play?

You seem to have very shallow quality standards.

Some old cynic sat at home in my armchair, really,4 years ago I was playing in four bands I haven't smoked for over 30 yearsand don't drink much either, I still play in live bands.

I'd rather be one of 16 listening to live music played well or playing live music to 16 who apreciate it than one of you sad people supporting why live music is being killed.

You want to see and hear karaoke that's ok for you but not for me, I can go to karaoke regularly in Sheffield and that is what it is advertised as and not some studio created Star with a con band appearing to be live.

Exactly. 4 years ago you were playing in 4 bands. Obviously so successful that you had to play in 4 bands non of which ever made it. Have you ever asked yourself why? I presume you were also the bass player by your tag. I saw the programmes about rock bands on the BBC. Front man, lead guitarist and the others.

Perhaps you should ask yourself why the bands you criticise were playing to 180,000 people and you weren't. You should probably ask why folk who went actually enjoyed it whilst you do nothing but talk about it.

If you ever get a 5th band together I'll probably see you playing to those 16 folks in the Broadfield. I'm happy to go along and buy a few drinks to support a music venue, but I prefer to fork out £195 to go to Glastonbury to see top bands with light shows, lasers, and effects. There seemed to be another 180,000 who agreed with me as well as probably another 100,000 who would have gone if the tickets didn't sell out 12 months in advance.

There seemed to be another 180,000 who agreed with me as well as probably another 100,000 who would have gone if the tickets didn't sell out 12 months in advance.

id have gone if the fence was still jumpable :P

Exactly. 4 years ago you were playing in 4 bands. Obviously so successful that you had to play in 4 bands non of which ever made it. Have you ever asked yourself why? I presume you were also the bass player by your tag. I saw the programmes about rock bands on the BBC. Front man, lead guitarist and the others.

Perhaps you should ask yourself why the bands you criticise were playing to 180,000 people and you weren't. You should probably ask why folk who went actually enjoyed it whilst you do nothing but talk about it.

If you ever get a 5th band together I'll probably see you playing to those 16 folks in the Broadfield. I'm happy to go along and buy a few drinks to support a music venue, but I prefer to fork out £195 to go to Glastonbury to see top bands with light shows, lasers, and effects. There seemed to be another 180,000 who agreed with me as well as probably another 100,000 who would have gone if the tickets didn't sell out 12 months in advance.

It must really wrankle you that someone has had to point out that you're a duped fan of a karaoke act and you're so ignorant that you can't tell live form Karaoke..

I appreciated Glastonbury when it was headlined by live acts like Neil Young, Bruce Springfield, CSN and Willie Nelso etc, whereas you can get off on the many karaoke pubs around the area I bet you even take karaoke competitions seriously.

Light, lazers and effects are not exclusive to Glastonbury they've been the norm for years (just shows how ignorant of music you are).

Perhaps you should ask yourself why the bands you criticise were playing to 180,000

Also please don't resort to lying you're becoming quite pathetic, I criticised one act who was performing to studio tracks.

I think you've become quite desperate to have to start lying and insulting judging by your last two posts.

Also please don't resort to lying you're becoming quite pathetic, I criticised one act who was performing to studio tracks.

Still waiting to find out how you know the musicians were miming...

It must really wrankle you that someone has had to point out that you're a duped fan of a karaoke act and you're so ignorant that you can't tell live form Karaoke..

I appreciated Glastonbury when it was headlined by live acts like Neil Young, Bruce Springfield, CSN and Willie Nelso etc, whereas you can get off on the many karaoke pubs around the area I bet you even take karaoke competitions seriously.

Light, lazers and effects are not exclusive to Glastonbury they've been the norm for years (just shows how ignorant of music you are).

Perhaps you should ask yourself why the bands you criticise were playing to 180,000

I think you've become quite desperate to have to start lying and insulting judging by your last two posts.

Who is lying? Only you. The post you chose to highlight was "Perhaps you should ask yourself why the bands you criticise were playing to 180,000".

What's a lie about that? They were.

Anyhow I've no more time for this pointless exchange. I've been to 2 gigs since I went to Glastonbury and I'm off to another one now. You could pop along. Its John Reilly and Lewis Nitikiman at Dronfield Woodhouse Sports & social club. Mind you you wouldn't like it. Lewis plays keyboards and uses them to set up a bass beat. Enjoy your telly.

Couple of my colleagues went and said what a fantastic experience they had (and one is about 50 and rather posh).

Well we certainly had a fantastic time and saw some great bands. There were also many bands that I didn't care for, but that was never an issue with so many stages and so much else to see. We would be booking now for next year if the events had not been put on hold. Roll on 2013.

Who is lying? Only you. The post you chose to highlight was "Perhaps you should ask yourself why the bands you criticise were playing to 180,000".

What's a lie about that? They were. .

The lie is that I pointed out that one act that I saw namely Beyonce was using pre recorded backing that is all, you are lying when you claim I metioned other bands using pre recorded backing at Glastonbury.

Archived