Glastonbury! .

Whoop Bassman! What amp! Please say Hi Watt!!

I recently visited where Hiwatt are made, there was a chassis on the shelf with two massive transformers (like electricity substations) and four milk bottles (KT88 valves) this was just 200 watts, mind you 200 hundred valve watts sounds like a thousand solid state watts but being an OAP I use one of the new generation digital amps 1000 watts and weighing in at just 7.7 lbs along with light weight Neodymium speakers that I buy direct having good contacts in the music industry.

Not bad for someone who doesn't know what they're talking about.

So why does a certain Sheffield Techno band need backing vocals pre recorded?

Just like Holly Johnson he couldn't hold a note and had to be quantised in the studio.

I don't know what sheffield techo band your talking about otherwise i might be able to englighten you?

I back Bassman72 big time on this. We might not share the same music tastes. But, I believe that MUSIC SHOULD BE LIVE. Yes, even some 'rock' bands will use tainted 'backing tracks' to augment their live performance. And most will be used as 'intro tracks'. BUT! A good band will play live . . . . that is the value of REAL musicians that can hack it 'live'. Not bloody 'karaoke' berks that wing it.
Thank you for that 'Rampent', we certainly wouldn't have got away on the 'Colne Blues Festival' using backing tracks or on the 'Royal Festival Hall London', but then again they aren't up market venues like 'Dronfield Woodhouse Sports And Social Club' or the Miners Arms accross the road.

Mind you I still don't think that is bad for what 'Uptowngirl' calls an unsuccessful failed musician playing venues that music legend Brian Wilsion frequents.

Is that your best reply.

My 'best reply'? sorry i am unsure of what your on about.

If you are asking if im being serious then yes i am, human league are a very long way away from being 'techno' music so my suggestion is very much a serious one.

Thank you for that 'Rampent', we certainly wouldn't have got away on the 'Colne Blues Festival' using backing tracks or on the 'Royal Festival Hall London', but then again they aren't up market venues like 'Dronfield Woodhouse Sports And Social Club' or the Miners Arms accross the road.

Mind you I still don't think that is bad for what 'Uptowngirl' calls an unsuccessful failed musician playing venues that music legend Brian Wilsion frequents.

Mind you as your initial assertion was that none the musicians on stage with Beyonce were actually playing at all I think we can see how little you know about music.

Regarding Dronfield Woodhouse Sports And Social Club' or the Miners Arms accross the road, they are just venues for live gigs that I've been to this week. Unlike folks like you who merely sit at home moaning about what you think you saw on the telly.

Hang about mate. You say you are in favour of music being live but then all you do is sneer at people who actually go and watch bands playing live whilst you sit at home and watch recordings of Glastonbury which are as they say 100% recorded performance which have no doubt had sound engineers climbing all over it prior to broadcast and any warts edited out. Make up your mind.

Archived