Glastonbury! .

Hang about mate. You say you are in favour of music being live but then all you do is sneer at people who actually go and watch bands playing live whilst you sit at home and watch recordings of Glastonbury which are as they say 100% recorded performance which have no doubt had sound engineers climbing all over it prior to broadcast and any warts edited out. Make up your mind.

No I watched glsatonbury when it was put out, as others have said on this thread many of the bands playing at Glastonbury use some prerecorded backing because it is the accepted norm these days by those who are easily conned.

Now you get even more ridiculous by saying that these so called live shows are now doctored before being shown on TV:suspect:

Just how bad were they before they were doctored.:suspect:

Mind you as your initial assertion was that none the musicians on stage with Beyonce were actually playing at all I think we can see how little you know about music.

So as you seem to be an expert did your punk rocker and the others teach you anything else about music, like instrumentation, arranging , theory etc?

Oh BTW I was playing and running dances at DWS&SC when it was the Dronfield Woodhouse Miners Welfare, before you were born.

And no I don't sit at home I play several nights a week.

Oh BTW I was playing and running dances at DWS&SC when it was the Dronfield Woodhouse Miners Welfare, before you were born.

I'd worked that out. Things have moved on a lot since your day. I'd realised just how out of touch you are.

Well you live and learn, can you explain to me how harmonising with an out of tune singer will put them in tune?

If someone is consistently a semitone flat or sharp, then you just pitch change the whole thing up or down by that amount. This can also be done live, especially towards the end of a gig when a singer starts to go flat.

If they are all over the place then you can actually do it note for note but it takes forever and more than a whole tone out sounds fake. A lot of boy and girl groups sing 'live' against a recorded vocal on a hard drive and the two are mixed together, the balance being determined by how good (or bad) a night they are having.

Obviously I'm not going to name names! :D

John X

If someone is consistently a semitone flat or sharp, then you just pitch change the whole thing up or down by that amount. This can also be done live, especially towards the end of a gig when a singer starts to go flat.John X
Out of tune singers are not consistently out of tune, they sing out of tune by varying amounts most often not by recognised intervals, I've yet to come accross anyone who is consistently a semitone sharp or flat.

It is obvious what kind of singers you and some on here are used to by saying they go flat by the end of a gig, The Eagles, Crosby Stills & Nash don't.

So are you now saying that the whole of the singing line up is detuned etc to accommodate another band memeber who is singing flat on a live gig?

Thank God I'm out of date.

If they are all over the place then you can actually do it note for note but it takes forever and more than a whole tone out sounds fake. A lot of boy and girl groups sing 'live' against a recorded vocal on a hard drive and the two are mixed together, the balance being determined by how good (or bad) a night they are having.John X

My bold= And at Glastonbury, and there are some on here who find that acceptable.

by how good (or bad) a night they are having
Excuse me, just what do you mean.

Does it mean "Sorry folks I know you've paid your money but I'm going to have to mime to my studio vocal tracks"

Obviously these are the depths that people like you find acceptable due to the studio/engineerd produced music on sale just to sell tracks with no actual skill or ability like Cheryl Cole or Posh Spice.

Like I said try it at Colne, you'd be booed off and booted out and quite rightly so.

Archived