Glastonbury! .

And before you get too high and mighty about this 'fraud', a lot of pop bands do a highly choreographed show with a lot of energetic dance moves. If you actually listen to their vocal mics in isolation, you would hear a load of grunts and heavy breathing. I defy anyone to sing as well as dance energetically too.John X

So now you're admitting that it's all a con and in reality Karaoke.

And don't forget wind instruments like saxes and trumpets can't be played whilst the (so called real) musician is prancing around energeticly.

In other words these so called live shows are a fraud if the public aren't informed about what is going on.

If I thought that the Moody Blues were miming when I saw their two most recent Sheffield concerts I'd have demanded my money back, the real truth is that they're quality not manufactured performers who despite their years can still hold a note and perform a full live show.

I want one NOW! That is good stuff. I play a PRS custom that can replicate the tone of most strats etc, and run a mesa amp. BUT! I want a org Hi Watt stack, ala Townsend.
You ought to come with me to the Matamp factory and meet owner Jeff Lewis, you'd get the chance to try some real hand built amps in the tradition of the late Mat Mathias originator of the Orange amplifiers.

Can you imagine having one of these quality amps on stage and just pretending to play.

Or another friend of mine who'd build you a perfect replica of the late 50s Fender Bassman amps that Buddy Holly and Eddie Chochrane used.

Keep Music Live, karaoke acts should be put down.

Jeez! ... how long is this boring thread going on for? I've been watching it for a while as I made a comment very early on (when it was about Glastonbury, if anyone remembers) without further comment.

We're now talking about the 'Moody Blues' for God's sake ... possibly the worst band ever apart from Dizzee Rascal (SP) or Jedward.

Just call time on this thread! :gag:

Jeez! ... how long is this boring thread going on for? I've been watching it for a while as I made a comment very early on (when it was about Glastonbury, if anyone remembers) without further comment.

We're now talking about the 'Moody Blues' for God's sake ... possibly the worst band ever apart from Dizzee Rascal (SP) or Jedward.

Just call time on this thread! :gag:

No, we're talking about people on here with low standards who claim that it is acceptable for so called superstrs to mime on live shows, I merely pointed out that real stars don't mime.

what a sad state of affairs where you find that acceptable

Where did I say that it was acceptable? I haven't expressed a view either way, just explained how it works and why.

So manufactured bands like Spice Girls/Take That etc are just a con and people like you go round telling people that not being able to sing in tune for a full show is acceptable.

I'm not sure if you have ever been to a Take That show but the quality control and effort made with their production is second to none. This is borne out by the fact that all their shows sell out within minutes and their audience has gone from a hardcore of young girls to a mixed audience of all ages. You may call it a con, but millions of satisfied concert goers would disagree with you.

You claim that most acts these days have to augment their out of tune singers with quantising or pre recorded vocal tracks

No I didn't!

I said some do and only when necessary. You'll be glad to know that live music is healthier that it has been for ages.

augment their out of tune singers with quantising

Quantising fixes timing problems.

Harmonising fixes tuning problems

John X

Harmonising fixes tuning problems

John X

Really, so if someone is out of tune you harmonise with them so that then makes you out of tune.

Harmonising is singing or playing at structured intervals, to be in harmony those intervals have to be maintaind.

If someone is having a bad night playing their pre recorded vocals over their sad live attemps is a con.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bassman62

You claim that most acts these days have to augment their out of tune singers with quantising or pre recorded vocal tracks

No I didn't!

I said some do and only when necessary. You'll be glad to know that live music is healthier that it has been for ages.

John X

So when is it necessary to con the public by playing studio track at a so called live show? A live show means live performance not karaoke

Live music has always been healthy, I only go to live music shows.

Quote:

what a sad state of affairs where you find that acceptable

Where did I say that it was acceptable? I haven't expressed a view either way, just explained how it works and why.

John X

We know how and why it works, take away the prancing dancing fairies (whith and without instruments) and the pre recorded tracks and what are you left with? answer= top class acts like the Eagles and others I've mentioned.

Quote:

We know how and why it works

Quote:

Really, so if someone is out of tune you harmonise with them so that then makes you out of tune.

Clearly you don't! :D

John X

So if your superstar is out of tune and the rest of the superstars ensemble harmonise with him/her then they're out of tune with the studio track they're karaokeing too, this gets dafter.:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Archived